For months, my co-workers have been concerned about my glucose level. For Safety and Health Day, one of my co-workers who is a diabetic tested our glucose levels. Well, mine was very high. Today, I fasted, and she tested my glucose level again. I was 105 which is the exact same number as my team lead. He's borderline diabetic, but the doctor said he could keep his glucose under control with diet, so I'm gonna follow his same diet for a while and see if it helps. It doesn't help that we'll be going on a cruise in a week. The doctor suggested eating walnuts, 2 glasses of red wine, cinnamon, garlic, oatmeal, fish, cocoa, fish oil tablets and half the carbs I usually eat. Some of this is to decrease cholesterol which wouldn't hurt. He told me how the Germans would eat the raw oatmeal with milk and sugar. I tried it and it's not bad. The oatmeal has much more texture to it.
I found my old Agendus software which is good since I don't like the new software. The mail software doesn't work at all and it takes way too many steps to make an entry. Too bad, I can't keep the new icons. I'm busy recreating my old icons. Of course, I had already paid for the upgrade this morning.
I found my old Agendus software which is good since I don't like the new software. The mail software doesn't work at all and it takes way too many steps to make an entry. Too bad, I can't keep the new icons. I'm busy recreating my old icons. Of course, I had already paid for the upgrade this morning.
Joke of the Day
A West Virginia farmer got in his pickup and drove to a neighboring farm
and knocked at the farmhouse door. A young boy about 9 opened the door.
"Is yer Dad home?" the farmer asked.
"No sir, he ain't," the boy replied. "He went into town."
"Well," said the farmer, "is yer Mom here?"
"No, sir, she ain't here neither. She went into town with Dad."
"How about your brother, Harley? Is he here?"
"He went with Mom and Dad."
The farmer stood there for a few minutes, shifting from one foot
to the other and mumbling to himself.
"Is there anything I can do fer ya?" the boy asked politely. "I
knows where all the tools are, if you want to borry one. Or maybe I
could take a message fer Dad."
"Well," said the farmer uncomfortably, "I really wanted to talk
to yer Dad. It's about your brother Harley getting my daughter, Pearly
Mae, pregnant."
The boy considered for a moment. "You would have to talk to Pa
about that," he finally conceded. "If it helps you any, I know that Pa
charges $50 for the bull and $25 for the boar hog, but, I really don't
know how much he gets fer Harley."
and knocked at the farmhouse door. A young boy about 9 opened the door.
"Is yer Dad home?" the farmer asked.
"No sir, he ain't," the boy replied. "He went into town."
"Well," said the farmer, "is yer Mom here?"
"No, sir, she ain't here neither. She went into town with Dad."
"How about your brother, Harley? Is he here?"
"He went with Mom and Dad."
The farmer stood there for a few minutes, shifting from one foot
to the other and mumbling to himself.
"Is there anything I can do fer ya?" the boy asked politely. "I
knows where all the tools are, if you want to borry one. Or maybe I
could take a message fer Dad."
"Well," said the farmer uncomfortably, "I really wanted to talk
to yer Dad. It's about your brother Harley getting my daughter, Pearly
Mae, pregnant."
The boy considered for a moment. "You would have to talk to Pa
about that," he finally conceded. "If it helps you any, I know that Pa
charges $50 for the bull and $25 for the boar hog, but, I really don't
know how much he gets fer Harley."