Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sun Aug 20, 2006 Gecko

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
How does a gecko this large get into the house?

I feel like I'm in the Philippines again. I found this gecko up high in the master bedroom. Most of the rooms in our house have ceilings 1 1/2 times as high as a normal house so it was a bit tricky catching this bugger. Notice that he didn't lose his tail. That is tricky.

Note GEICO, that this is how a real gecko looks. They are NOT green.

Last night a small black frog slipped into the garage. I tried to help it out, but he hid before I could set him free. This morning, I was doing yard work and I found the dried leathery carcass of a toad. I hope the frog won't find the same fate. This frogs sound more like chirping than croaking. There is a frog where the Wedding plumeria is, and I heard another at the base of the elm.