Time for our flight to Detroit. Before we go, I water the yard. I don't want to lose our plants to summer heat. Is it still summer? It's September. Isn't that a fall month?
Based on my observations, a guava is ripe when the flower portion begins to open. If you wait too long, it will spoil and turn brown. I noticed that the pink plumeria is losing it's color so I fertilized all the flowers. A toad jumped on to the wedding bouquet plumeria. A toad (or beeper as Sarah called them) was chirping his praise.
Based on my observations, a guava is ripe when the flower portion begins to open. If you wait too long, it will spoil and turn brown. I noticed that the pink plumeria is losing it's color so I fertilized all the flowers. A toad jumped on to the wedding bouquet plumeria. A toad (or beeper as Sarah called them) was chirping his praise.
Interesting
They now make a can (actually a plastic container) that heats its own contents. The calcium carbonate when mixed with water reaches over 200 degrees but the liquid only reaches about 100. Right now they use it for coffee. If I was still a kid, I'd be using that to make a steam cannon or some sort of steam engine.
Time to Go
Mary and I have lunch at Abe's Cajun. I had the smothered pork over rice. The green beans have a bit of a kick. The pork is similar to what I prepare but they have chopped green peppers as well as sliced mushrooms. What's surprising is the variety of desserts. We have plenty of time so Mary and I try the Chocolate Eruption which was very good.
NewTSA regs have been in force for some time now. No liquid and gels are allowed. My backpack passes through the x-ray machine, and TSA asks if they can open it. I expected this. All of my electronics are inside: cell phone, camera, PDA, battery charger, photo drive and even coins. They check each compartment then wipe the compartment with all the electronics with a white circular pad. The pad is then inserted into an analyzer. It checks out okay, but I'm surprised that the pad is reused.
This is the first time we flew with AirTran. I like that they send an email reminding you to print your boarding passes. Just one click and you are in your account. Enter the number of luggage you are checking in and print out the boarding passes. I hope there is a PC and printer at the motel.
At the gate are many women in red and white warmups. As we walk up the gate, I read Houston Energy on their jackets and t-shirts. One says bone-crusher. If I'm not mistaken they are the women's professional football and play full contact.
Cold air is condensing as it pours out the air vents. I've never been on a plane that had handrails overhead. Lemme guess. If they are overbooked, the passengers stand in the aisle like a bus.
As the plane takes off, the pilot mentions that the Houston Energy is onboard and the team cheers.
AirTran provides free earbuds. The attendants serve Spinzels which are pretzel rods that are twisted. It has a nice buttery flavor and is not salty. I'm impressed. They serve Coke Zero which is my favorite diet drink, but my favorite soda is Mountain Dew which I noticed is now Sarah's favorite. She used to drink Surge, but they no longer sell it.
We did not have far to walk for our connecting flight in Atlanta. we arrive at Gate C2 and our connecting flight is at Gate C6. While we wait for our plane to arrive, Mary checks on Heather and Peggy, but can't contact them on her cell. CNN has scenes of flooding in Virginia and DC so she checks on her folks. Ernesto has spared them any damage.
Atlanta doesn't have free wi-fi so no surfing the web or checking email.
As we board our connecting flight, I notice a young Marine toting a digital camouflage luggage, so does that make it harder to find?
Cool! I found a 20% coupon for the Parking Spot in the in flight magazine. The on-line coupon is only 10%. Mary was saying that I should save it for the cruise, but I have no shame and tear it out of her magazine as well. There's no article behind it and the magazine is complimentary. Hmmm...they expire in March of 2007. I gotta snag 2 more for our trip for the Matuszko's 50th anniversary and the Christmas trip. There's always the return trip.
According to the pilot, the Coke Zero and Black Cherry Vanilla are new flavors provided by AirTran. I know I shouldn't but I gotta try the Black Cherry Vanilla. I think I've tried it before at the King's Orchards when Gary and I picked blueberries and found it too sweet.
Ahhh, the Sultry Sirens of Sin are now playing on my PDA. It's an a cappella group with somewhat raunchy lyrics. Of course, it didn't hurt that Gracie O'Malley was hot looking. I wonder if the Michigan Renfest has any good renfest music. I don't know if I would have time to make a photo video. We'll see.
I might invest in a sound canceling headphone. My volume is on max ,and I still hear the air vents.
Okay I was good and had the Coke Zero instead of the sugary stuff. We had pretzels again. It's 1817 and my tummy is growling. We don't land till 2000 so it'll probably be 2100 before we have dinner. I should have brought more snacks.
Mary and I are surprised that Detroit is Eastern time. Heather and Peggy actually arrive before we do.
We drive out of Detroit before stopping for food. We choose an Applebee's. Clear Lake hasn't one for many years. Marla the Queen of the World is our server. When we return to the car, Heather discovers that the ignition key wouldn't turn. This is not a good sign. Mary suggests that the anti-theft deterrent has kicked in. We all buckle up, lock the doors, push the brake in, pull up the emergency brake, try the other key nothing. Finally, it turns maybe it was just a timed thing.
We arrive at the hotel. Is the front office girl sick? She said she's been out a long time and she's sweating even though it's not tha hot. A lot of Rennies must stay here since there are directions for the renfest in the brochures. When we get into the car, the ignition key won't turn. Heather has tried so many times her carpal tunnel syndrome has kicked in so Peggy gives it a go with no luck. We're talking about calling Hertz for a replacement car. That means that we have to wait till they deliver the car tomorrow.
I swap seats with Heather and try my luck. I try different positions. No go. I try random moves. Finally, it turns but very hard. When we park, Heather says they will call Hertz. I keep messing with it. If I pull it out slightly then push it back in, it works. I pull it all the way out it doesn't. In fact a bar or something locks down when I pull it out. I keep messing with it till it turns. I notice that if I pull up on the key as I turn, it works. Peggy tries and it works for her as well, so we're good to go!
They now make a can (actually a plastic container) that heats its own contents. The calcium carbonate when mixed with water reaches over 200 degrees but the liquid only reaches about 100. Right now they use it for coffee. If I was still a kid, I'd be using that to make a steam cannon or some sort of steam engine.
Time to Go
Mary and I have lunch at Abe's Cajun. I had the smothered pork over rice. The green beans have a bit of a kick. The pork is similar to what I prepare but they have chopped green peppers as well as sliced mushrooms. What's surprising is the variety of desserts. We have plenty of time so Mary and I try the Chocolate Eruption which was very good.
NewTSA regs have been in force for some time now. No liquid and gels are allowed. My backpack passes through the x-ray machine, and TSA asks if they can open it. I expected this. All of my electronics are inside: cell phone, camera, PDA, battery charger, photo drive and even coins. They check each compartment then wipe the compartment with all the electronics with a white circular pad. The pad is then inserted into an analyzer. It checks out okay, but I'm surprised that the pad is reused.
This is the first time we flew with AirTran. I like that they send an email reminding you to print your boarding passes. Just one click and you are in your account. Enter the number of luggage you are checking in and print out the boarding passes. I hope there is a PC and printer at the motel.
At the gate are many women in red and white warmups. As we walk up the gate, I read Houston Energy on their jackets and t-shirts. One says bone-crusher. If I'm not mistaken they are the women's professional football and play full contact.
Cold air is condensing as it pours out the air vents. I've never been on a plane that had handrails overhead. Lemme guess. If they are overbooked, the passengers stand in the aisle like a bus.
As the plane takes off, the pilot mentions that the Houston Energy is onboard and the team cheers.
AirTran provides free earbuds. The attendants serve Spinzels which are pretzel rods that are twisted. It has a nice buttery flavor and is not salty. I'm impressed. They serve Coke Zero which is my favorite diet drink, but my favorite soda is Mountain Dew which I noticed is now Sarah's favorite. She used to drink Surge, but they no longer sell it.
We did not have far to walk for our connecting flight in Atlanta. we arrive at Gate C2 and our connecting flight is at Gate C6. While we wait for our plane to arrive, Mary checks on Heather and Peggy, but can't contact them on her cell. CNN has scenes of flooding in Virginia and DC so she checks on her folks. Ernesto has spared them any damage.
Atlanta doesn't have free wi-fi so no surfing the web or checking email.
As we board our connecting flight, I notice a young Marine toting a digital camouflage luggage, so does that make it harder to find?
Cool! I found a 20% coupon for the Parking Spot in the in flight magazine. The on-line coupon is only 10%. Mary was saying that I should save it for the cruise, but I have no shame and tear it out of her magazine as well. There's no article behind it and the magazine is complimentary. Hmmm...they expire in March of 2007. I gotta snag 2 more for our trip for the Matuszko's 50th anniversary and the Christmas trip. There's always the return trip.

According to the pilot, the Coke Zero and Black Cherry Vanilla are new flavors provided by AirTran. I know I shouldn't but I gotta try the Black Cherry Vanilla. I think I've tried it before at the King's Orchards when Gary and I picked blueberries and found it too sweet.
Ahhh, the Sultry Sirens of Sin are now playing on my PDA. It's an a cappella group with somewhat raunchy lyrics. Of course, it didn't hurt that Gracie O'Malley was hot looking. I wonder if the Michigan Renfest has any good renfest music. I don't know if I would have time to make a photo video. We'll see.
I might invest in a sound canceling headphone. My volume is on max ,and I still hear the air vents.
Okay I was good and had the Coke Zero instead of the sugary stuff. We had pretzels again. It's 1817 and my tummy is growling. We don't land till 2000 so it'll probably be 2100 before we have dinner. I should have brought more snacks.
Mary and I are surprised that Detroit is Eastern time. Heather and Peggy actually arrive before we do.
We drive out of Detroit before stopping for food. We choose an Applebee's. Clear Lake hasn't one for many years. Marla the Queen of the World is our server. When we return to the car, Heather discovers that the ignition key wouldn't turn. This is not a good sign. Mary suggests that the anti-theft deterrent has kicked in. We all buckle up, lock the doors, push the brake in, pull up the emergency brake, try the other key nothing. Finally, it turns maybe it was just a timed thing.
We arrive at the hotel. Is the front office girl sick? She said she's been out a long time and she's sweating even though it's not tha hot. A lot of Rennies must stay here since there are directions for the renfest in the brochures. When we get into the car, the ignition key won't turn. Heather has tried so many times her carpal tunnel syndrome has kicked in so Peggy gives it a go with no luck. We're talking about calling Hertz for a replacement car. That means that we have to wait till they deliver the car tomorrow.
I swap seats with Heather and try my luck. I try different positions. No go. I try random moves. Finally, it turns but very hard. When we park, Heather says they will call Hertz. I keep messing with it. If I pull it out slightly then push it back in, it works. I pull it all the way out it doesn't. In fact a bar or something locks down when I pull it out. I keep messing with it till it turns. I notice that if I pull up on the key as I turn, it works. Peggy tries and it works for her as well, so we're good to go!