Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sun Sept 24, 2006

It poured last night along with enough thunder and lightning to resemble a rock and roll concert. The boys weren't scared. In fact, Sonny ran off to investigate the first lash of light.

It's moving day for some friends of mine. Brian and Cindy both attended my college alma mater but years after I left. They even knew Ava Longoria of Desperate Housewives fame when she went to school there. They are having a new house built and sold their old house in just nine days, but now they have to move into a small 2 bedroom apartment for 3 months. It is tough moving from a house to an apartment. They have 2 storage units filled and are borrowing room from family. You know who your real friends are when they show up for a moving party. Okay, it's not much of a party...pizza, sodas and beer for several hours of work.The dark clouds are threatening but it clears by midday.

We are finished by 4. Gary calls and tells us that he's back from Kingsville. Mary tells him about our concern about Bramble's weight. As I guessed right. Minmei has been raiding Brambles food, but it also appears that Brambles may have cancer. They'll do tests this Monday.

Heather started a blog. Talked about letterboxing which reminded me of something similar but they used GPS. I'm busy with the last few edits of the Med Cruise photos before I burn it to DVD.

I don't get it.
I cropped and deleted several photos, but what took 1 DVD to save to now requires 2 DVDs. Maybe I'll be finished tonight if Carolyn and Bill are happy with 1600 resolution. Now we need a mailer. I'll move the photos up to Yahoo tomorrow. I discover that the initial number given by Picasa is only an estimate. If I wait long enough, it calculates the total space taken by all the files. Sure enough, it fits all on one DVD.

My sister wants my photos of the baptism. I convinced her to sign up with Google so she can download Picasaweb which is still in beta. Picasaweb allows bulk download instead of one file at a time which is a real pain. Hear that, Yahoo? Unfortunately, Picasaweb does not provide unlimited storage as Yahoo Photos so I need to split up the 60+ photos.

This was cool
I forgot to set up the DVR to record CSI: Crime Scene Investigation's season premiere this Thursday. My brother in law forgot to record it to tape, so we were hosed. Luckily, I remembered that iTunes started showing tv shows the day after. Think of it as PPV. So I signed up, downloaded the show and played it back on the TV. The quality of the video was excellent.