Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Wed Oct 11, 2006 The Return of Bill

Yesterday's storm was bad enough that the winds blew down the wedding bouquet plumeria which is still potted. I really should plant it, but June who originally owned the plant said to bring it indoors when its cold.

I didn't realize how bad the storm was till I talked to my sister Glenda who lives in Cypress which is northwest of here. A tornado had touched down in her subdivision. I knew a tornado had touched down at 290 but it was supposed to be near Hempstead. I told her that she should have taken photos and sent them to the news media. I never found any news about it. Amy a friend of mine had told me that a neighbor of her brother had survived a tornado by getting into a bathtub. I guess it was a steel tub since the tornado lifted her and the bathtub out of the demolished house, flew her around and settled her in the middle of the street. She had a broken finger and few broken ribs, but she was alive.

Lisa emailed the lunch invite yesterday since she wouldn't be near a PC today. We are going to Oriental Grommet (aka Oriental Gourmet) the best Oriental buffet in Clear Lake. I invited Bill Kunce yesterday since he's now in town. He's an old co-worker had been working in Huntsville after Raytheon started laying off. Speaking of which, Dave is looking into TBE jobs in Huntsville. I think he's tired of studying to become an instructor.

Today, the Lunch Bunch consisted of Brian, Lisa, Mary, Jose, myself and Bill Kunce. Bill has been in Huntsville, Alabama for a couple of years if I'm not mistaken. He now works for L3 at Building 16 on-site. No email or phone yet. I told him that he just missed Ross last week. He said that he told Ross to call his cell when he finally decided on his dim-sum plans. Oops! Bill mentioned about buying a new one story house. The two story is becoming difficult as he gets older. He used to love going to Radio Music Theatre so I asked if he wanted to go with us. He said to give him a call. Radio Music Theatre is pretty cool. It's a three man troop playing multiple characters with just a few quick changes. It's a shame that they are retiring. They are replaying all of their shows and recording DVDs.

Jose is looking for a new job. Boeing has to eliminate 25 out of 200+ people from his department.

Lisa said that Charlie is in a conference in LA. She was telling about the 666 rule that some women had for choosing a man. I guess she didn't notice the priest sitting at the table beside us. Oh well. The 666 rule states that the guy has to be 6 foot tall with a 6 figure salary, and has a 6 inch... Well, you figure it out. She was wondering if there was an equivalent for women like a 555 rule for women, 5 ft tall, a size 5 and a 5 ...

"IQ," finishes Jose. Everyone laughs.
"I don't know if I'd want one with a 5 IQ," I said. Brian agreed with me.
"Does it matter?" asks Lisa.
"She'd be drooling," I responded, "but I guess you can always put another bag on."

Brian was saying that last weekend was the first time he did nothing since he returned from Germany. He showed photos of their new house in various stages of construction. It took only 2 weeks to go from foundation to frame. The master bedroom is over the garage. I told him that the garage door opener makes a lot of noise. He suggested screw or strap. We have a screw driven opener. It's noisy.

Brian is married to Cindy who is a fair skinned Mexican. Brian took Fabian to the barbershop. Fabian pointed to some photos of people on the wall. "Daddy. Mommy," he said. "Oh yeah," said Brian. "Where's Daddy?" Fabian points to a white guy. "Where's Mommy?" Fabian points to an oriental lady. Cindy is constantly mistaken for an oriental since she is small, has long dark hair, fair skinned and slightly squinted eyes. So I am not the only one with this problem.

Our phone was working when we came home. I plugged a phone to the box outside the house and had no dialtone so the problem is outside the house. After traversing AT&T's menu of pushbuttons and never contacting a human being I was able to schedule a technician visit.

Here's a funny set of questions that it asked:
Do you have a dialtone? asks the recording. Heck no, I think to myself.
Are you on this phone now? it asks. If I could use this phone ,I wouldn't be calling for repairs?

Mary's team lost at Trivia tonight.