Mary has come down with a sinus infection Friday. It was bad enough that Saturday she went to the doctor. Hopefully, she doesn't pass it around.
I've scheduled our flights and room for the Arizona renfest. I just have to swap the mid-sized car for a small SUV for all the luggage we'll have.
I visited Mom and Dad. I think Daniel spent the night with them. He's extremely shy. He wants to talk, He's playing the game of staying just out of reach but stealing a peek at me every so often.
On the other hand, Fabian is not shy at all. Mary and I stopped by Brian and Cindy to drop off gifts for Zebrina. Mary even brought lasagna and Godiva chocolates for Cindy. Fabian was jumping from person to person. Brian is sporting a handlebar mustache and is combing Zebrina's hair into a Mohawk. Brian's F150 has a great new paint job, and they fixed more than what was vandalized. I was bugging him to add new entries to his blog. Glenda noticed that the last entry was on Oct 20th.


Gary was waiting in our driveway when we returned home. Mary passed on seeing the exotic animals and magic show at Mall of the Mainland in Texas City. A rescue group was looking for donations and found a great way of doing it. They sold stuffed animals, photos with the animals and for $25, 2 people can step in the cage and pet the animals. There were baby tigers and leopards. It was cute how they slept with their stuffed animals or piled atop one another.
The magic show was held in the food court. The most exotic animal in the magic show was a skunk, but it was a great show.
Santa was even in the food court for photos.

Tonight was "All Shook Up" at the Hobby Center. Lorrie is at Orange County California so Lauren joined us. Speaking of shy, Lauren is still quiet.
"All Shook Up" falls into the genre of musicals like "Mamma Mia." The musical is a collection of songs from a particular pop artist which tells a story. "Mamma Mia" it is not, but it is humorous and entertaining. The musical uses many of Elvis' music. Some of the music I did not recognize myself. It is one of a few musicals where the stars doesn't include athletic youthful actors. Among these stars is Susan Anton who I remember as a tall (5' 11.5") leggy model in the 80's. Her voice is actually pretty good.
The opening scene is straight out Elvis' video of "Jailhouse Rock." The plot includes a few expected and not so expected twists. This story tells what happens to a small town when a roustabout who looks much like Elvis stops for repairs to his motorcycle. The town is right out of "Footloose" and set somewhere in the Elvis' youthful timeframe.
"All Shook Up"receives a two thumbs up.
I've scheduled our flights and room for the Arizona renfest. I just have to swap the mid-sized car for a small SUV for all the luggage we'll have.
I visited Mom and Dad. I think Daniel spent the night with them. He's extremely shy. He wants to talk, He's playing the game of staying just out of reach but stealing a peek at me every so often.
On the other hand, Fabian is not shy at all. Mary and I stopped by Brian and Cindy to drop off gifts for Zebrina. Mary even brought lasagna and Godiva chocolates for Cindy. Fabian was jumping from person to person. Brian is sporting a handlebar mustache and is combing Zebrina's hair into a Mohawk. Brian's F150 has a great new paint job, and they fixed more than what was vandalized. I was bugging him to add new entries to his blog. Glenda noticed that the last entry was on Oct 20th.


The magic show was held in the food court. The most exotic animal in the magic show was a skunk, but it was a great show.
Santa was even in the food court for photos.

"All Shook Up" falls into the genre of musicals like "Mamma Mia." The musical is a collection of songs from a particular pop artist which tells a story. "Mamma Mia" it is not, but it is humorous and entertaining. The musical uses many of Elvis' music. Some of the music I did not recognize myself. It is one of a few musicals where the stars doesn't include athletic youthful actors. Among these stars is Susan Anton who I remember as a tall (5' 11.5") leggy model in the 80's. Her voice is actually pretty good.
The opening scene is straight out Elvis' video of "Jailhouse Rock." The plot includes a few expected and not so expected twists. This story tells what happens to a small town when a roustabout who looks much like Elvis stops for repairs to his motorcycle. The town is right out of "Footloose" and set somewhere in the Elvis' youthful timeframe.
"All Shook Up"receives a two thumbs up.