Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Wed Dec 6, 2006 Galaxy of Lights

This is my last night in Huntsville. Lisa (the one in Friendswood) calls me on my cell and tells me that there are maybe 60 deer at NASA. Last time she did this I was at also MSFC. She called to say there were 50 some odd deer. Yeah, we have a competition on who can see the most deer. She has the record so far. She said one buck had such an incredible rack that people were stopping to take a look.

Betty and I are getting more done than we initially planned. We are making such good contacts that one engineer suggested that we return quarterly. I wouldn't mind it since I have friends here but Betty doesn't want to be away from her family that long.

For lunch, we met Ross at Tim's Cajun Kitchen off Jordan. I tried the boudin sausage which was pretty good. The Cajun corn wasn't anything exciting but the bourbon bread pudding was excellent, and usually, I really don't care for bread pudding.

Glenda IMs me just as I'm logging off to meet Mike and Lisa for dinner. She tells me that Dad is now pre-diabetic. It figures. The sad thing is that Dad is watching what he eats.

I'm now waiting for Mike and Lisa at the Ol' Heidelberg restaurant before I set off to Ross and Phoebe's to check out the Galaxy of Lights at the Huntsville Botanical Gardens.

The Galaxy of Lights was pretty cool. You switch to the designated FM stations and drive through a path lit by shaped lights. The sad part was that drivers with US cars couldn't turn off their daytime running light. The lights were changed into toy soldiers, Santa's Workshop, reindeer, fairy tales, flowers, rockets and dinosaurs . Yep you read right dinosaurs. This is the largest collection of lights that I've ever seen. Each display has a sponsor. For example, my company Teledyne Brown sponsored a rocketship. See how many you recognize...


Nativity Scene