Sun 01.21
The sun is out after a week of cold overcast skies and the birds think it's spring. They are flying around and singing. The backyard feels like a bog when I walk on it, but I don't see any standing water. The big maple tree has small little blossoms. I didn't know they could have flowers. The guava and citrus trees still have leaves and are growing more. Leaves are peeking from the fig trees and ginger plants; although, I have not seen any growth from the ginger near the house. The small maple and pecan tree has buds, but that's about it. The plumerias has lost about six inches to frost damage but looks okay. Did I mention that Bob gave me a huge grapevine? It's about 3 feet tall. It's flame grapes and should produce sweet fruit. I haven't planted it yet.
Tonight, the Aeros played their old IHL rival the Milwaukee Admirals.
They handed out pom-poms as we entered through the bridge that connects the parking garage to the Toyota Center. At the main entrance downstairs, the Geico mascot was greeting fans, and people were handing out random Geico gifts. I got a small Geico gecko. I saw other people getting small battery powered fans.
The Admirals are tied for third in the West while the Aeros are in sixth, so I'm expecting a blow out. The only thing in our favor is that our entire team is back from the Wild. Amazingly enough, the Aeros win 6 to 1. Unbelievable!
