Yeah, I haven't updated the blog in awhile. I started writing and exercising again as well as making up 16 hours at work so I don't use any vacation hours when we go to the Arizona Renfest next weekend (I can't wait for that.) So...I'm running out of spare time. I figure I'll update the blog whenever I have photos.
The Chinese New Year is this Sunday (The Year of the Pig/Boar), so Glenda's family met us at the Chinese Community Center to see what they have to the offer at Lunar New Year Festivities. We had planned to see the Forbidden Gardens, but a few of us who were interested in going couldn't make it so we'll reschedule that for another day.

Yep, that's Eric in the background playing the Secret Service agent, and no he wasn't the only kwailo there.

It appears that even HEB has their own mascot.

I wanted to see the Lion dance and even the Dragon dance (don't ask me what the differences are) but instead we were treated to Chinese music. I saw a couple of mariachi players waiting in line for food.

The instruments are interesting.

This is a twist on origami.


Origami is a Japanese art but the Houston Origami Museum had a table there as well. I didn't know we had an Origami Museum. We'll have to check it out someday.