Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Mon Mar 27, 2007 Avatars

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
Over the weekend, I started playing around with my avatar again. I was surprised to see that Yahoo had added more selections for the avatars. There was even a Roman Legionnaire that I saved away for Renfests. What's funny is that today Yahoo had added Renfest costumes. Okay, so there aren't any musketeer garb, but the merchant outfit isn't too bad.

It would be nice if your main page had a way to quickly choose from your favorite avatars...home, school, work, bedtime..you get the idea. It would also be great if you could quickly choose the avatar's emotion from the front page. The front page doesn't do much anyways.

I was playing around with a widget that displayed your avatar beside a friend's avatar. I was thinking that it would be cool if Yahoo showed the avatars of your on-line (and non-idle) friends behind your avatar as a way of showing who's on-line. Click on a friend's avatar in back. That avatar will step forward and you start an IM with that person.

The next cool thing is Avatar World 3. It's in beta right now, but it has potential. You select items and stuff for your background. I think multiple avatars can be in the world as well. Since I have no friends on-line right now, I can't test it out. Click here to install the software first then click the image below if you see me on-line.