Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sun Mar 11, 2007 Menopause the Musical

So what am I doing at a musical about menopause? You could say that I was doing research for what's to come, but the guys tell me that it's actually worse.

The show was at The 1864 Grand Opera House (better known as "The Grand" in Galveston. It's Spring Break so Lisa recommends leaving early to avoid any traffic problems. We were fortunate not to encounter any. Later that night, Mary and I saw on the news that there was a bad accident that closed the southbound lanes near League City just as we were having dinner at Willie G's.

Lisa, her mother-in-law Betty, her friend Tammy, Mary and myself all packed into Lisa's SUV. Bob and Katie would meet us at the restaurant.


We arrived early so we did a little window shopping on The Strand. The weather was nice, but a bit breezy. I saw the Duck Tour drive by. This tour is both on land and sea. I'd like to try it one day.



Behind Willie G's

Willie G's is a nice restaurant. Our table wasn't ready when we arrived, and it took them awhile to piece one together. Service was a bit slow so the girls barely had time to make it to the restroom when we arrived at The Grand. Hmmm...I think going to the restroom was one of the signs...."Gotta go. Gotta go. Gotta go. I made it!"

The musical was hilarious. They parodied many familiar songs from Heat Wave to California Girls.

Four women become quick friends when they meet at Bloomingdales. They share their menopausal experiences from "Personal summers" to their crankiness.

At the end of the show, the actresses invited all the women on stage and do a kick line. No, none of the women in our group did; although, Tammy wanted to.

So what's next? A musical about jock itch?