It was a bummer of a day. Not much of a Lunch Bunch day. Everyone seemed to be busy. Jose, Mary and I went to Double Dave's for the all you can eat pizza buffet.
My nephew Daniel was sleeping when I dropped by Mom and Dad's. I decided to install any software upgrades on Dad's notebook while I was there. Glenda came on-line and set up the webcam so we can watch Ily.
My cousin Ronald in Manila had sent Dad an invitation to add to him to his IM list. We accepted the invite and found that he was on-line. It was 6 pm Thursday in Manila - 13 hours ahead of our time. I asked if he had a mike. He did, so we chatted over the web. The reception was amazingly clear with no drop outs (till the end though.) Mom ordinarily doesn't care for email or IM, but when she heard Ronald's voice she stood over the notebook. I must admit that I was excited just as much even though the conversation was in Tagalog which I can understand somewhat. This was the furthest that I had ever contacted someone with IM especially with voice. Ronald provided Mom with some chitchat as Mom would call it. Ronald's Mom Auntie Nenet has lost 25 pounds probably due to her diabetes. Uncle Uly lost weight as well. Did I mention that Mom's side of the family is all diabetic? Now that Ronald was retired he was talking about visiting the States next April or May.
My nephew Daniel was sleeping when I dropped by Mom and Dad's. I decided to install any software upgrades on Dad's notebook while I was there. Glenda came on-line and set up the webcam so we can watch Ily.
My cousin Ronald in Manila had sent Dad an invitation to add to him to his IM list. We accepted the invite and found that he was on-line. It was 6 pm Thursday in Manila - 13 hours ahead of our time. I asked if he had a mike. He did, so we chatted over the web. The reception was amazingly clear with no drop outs (till the end though.) Mom ordinarily doesn't care for email or IM, but when she heard Ronald's voice she stood over the notebook. I must admit that I was excited just as much even though the conversation was in Tagalog which I can understand somewhat. This was the furthest that I had ever contacted someone with IM especially with voice. Ronald provided Mom with some chitchat as Mom would call it. Ronald's Mom Auntie Nenet has lost 25 pounds probably due to her diabetes. Uncle Uly lost weight as well. Did I mention that Mom's side of the family is all diabetic? Now that Ronald was retired he was talking about visiting the States next April or May.