Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sat Jul 21, 2007 Dim-Sum

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
My work bunch are going to Kim-Son at Bellaire for some dim-sum today. Mary and I haven't been there yet, but it should be good. It's been a long time since we've had dim-sum.

We all got fortune cookies at the end of the meal. With our trip to Scotland but two weeks away, I was kidding with Mary that my fortune would say something about going to Scotland. It turns out that I didn't even get a fortune. In a story that I once wrote, the hero didn't have a fortune in his fortune cookie and thought it meant that he had no future. He later discovered that his future had not yet been written.

What was really weird was that Mary got two fortunes. Before she read the second one, she said that it was probably mine. It read:

You will soon be crossing great
waters on a fun vacation.