Lately, I don't celebrate my birthday, but that doesn't stop my sister. When she became a full time mom, she started taking cake decorating classes. Check out this cake. The shuttle is made of marshmallow treats so it's completely edible.
For my birthday, I was deciding between a Wii or an iPod Touch. I chose the iPod Touch since I would probably get more use out of it. I was disappointed. It's too easy to fat finger the virtual keyboard so I don't surf the web with it. Unfortunately, a stylus doesn't work with it. Safari also has problems navigating Yahoo's webmail.
The photo stretch feature gets annoying after awhile, and I prefer a slide bar instead. I guess I'm used to my Clie, but I was disappointed that I can't delete files on the iPod nor could I update playlists on the iPod. I have to wait till I'm connected to iTunes on my PC.
It takes a long time to boot compared to my Clie and booting drains the battery significantly. It's better to keep it in sleep mode if you use it daily. It did not come with a travel charger. I have to use a PC to charge it. This is annoying since it means I have to buy a charger. I don't usually bring a PC on my trips. The battery seems to last two to three workdays before it needs a charge so it's about as long as my Clie.
They downloaded contacts from my Yahoo! account but not my calendar. What gives? I can only have my calendar downloaded from Outlook which I detest and don't use. It only downloads my links from IE but not Firefox.
Apple must be warming up to Microsoft.
For my birthday, I was deciding between a Wii or an iPod Touch. I chose the iPod Touch since I would probably get more use out of it. I was disappointed. It's too easy to fat finger the virtual keyboard so I don't surf the web with it. Unfortunately, a stylus doesn't work with it. Safari also has problems navigating Yahoo's webmail.
The photo stretch feature gets annoying after awhile, and I prefer a slide bar instead. I guess I'm used to my Clie, but I was disappointed that I can't delete files on the iPod nor could I update playlists on the iPod. I have to wait till I'm connected to iTunes on my PC.
It takes a long time to boot compared to my Clie and booting drains the battery significantly. It's better to keep it in sleep mode if you use it daily. It did not come with a travel charger. I have to use a PC to charge it. This is annoying since it means I have to buy a charger. I don't usually bring a PC on my trips. The battery seems to last two to three workdays before it needs a charge so it's about as long as my Clie.
They downloaded contacts from my Yahoo! account but not my calendar. What gives? I can only have my calendar downloaded from Outlook which I detest and don't use. It only downloads my links from IE but not Firefox.
Apple must be warming up to Microsoft.
