I started painting mins again. It's been awhile. Many of my paints are drying up. Fortunately, they are acrylic so water would restore them unless they become completely hard.
I didn't realize how many mins I had, It's taking about 1.5 hours to finish a single min assuming the min had been based and primed. I'll try do one min a day. I also have another house that needs windows painted then glued together. The painting is so time consuming. In a few months, I should be finished with all of them... Yeah, right. I'll probably get sidetracked.
I finished 1.75 mins today I painted plate armour a pure mithril silver with a touch of blue. It was a bit blah till I added a wash of walnut which pulled out the details. It looks great now. I have try that again.
I painted an elven scale armour with a chrome green and added a wash but was unhappy with the results.
Sometimes taking a break from painting is a good thing. You have a new way of seeing things.
The ferals or beastmen - goatmen, sheepmen, minotaurs and the like are interesting. All have beast heads and basically a human torso although sometimes furry. The lower half can either be beast legs or human. Don't know what sort of advantages/disadvantages this may provide. Perhaps a higher jump or faster speed if beast legs? Goats are pretty steady but they have 4 legs not just 2. On the web, they denote goatfolk as beings with goat heads with short horns while goatmen are satyrs. From waist up, they are human and waist down they are goats.
I define goatfolk can be goats. Ramfolk are usually found in the mountains so I named them Skyrams in the game.
It appears that I am using the wrong brush for acrylics which explains why my brushes frizzle so quickly.They claim that I need to use synthetics or bristle/boar's hair. The problem with these are the hairs are very coarse and that makes it difficult to use on miniatures. What's interesting is that a video podcast that I downloaded said that they used sable.
Acrylic - synthetics and bristle/boar's hair
Fitch and sable for oil.
I didn't realize how many mins I had, It's taking about 1.5 hours to finish a single min assuming the min had been based and primed. I'll try do one min a day. I also have another house that needs windows painted then glued together. The painting is so time consuming. In a few months, I should be finished with all of them... Yeah, right. I'll probably get sidetracked.
I finished 1.75 mins today I painted plate armour a pure mithril silver with a touch of blue. It was a bit blah till I added a wash of walnut which pulled out the details. It looks great now. I have try that again.
I painted an elven scale armour with a chrome green and added a wash but was unhappy with the results.
Sometimes taking a break from painting is a good thing. You have a new way of seeing things.
The ferals or beastmen - goatmen, sheepmen, minotaurs and the like are interesting. All have beast heads and basically a human torso although sometimes furry. The lower half can either be beast legs or human. Don't know what sort of advantages/disadvantages this may provide. Perhaps a higher jump or faster speed if beast legs? Goats are pretty steady but they have 4 legs not just 2. On the web, they denote goatfolk as beings with goat heads with short horns while goatmen are satyrs. From waist up, they are human and waist down they are goats.
I define goatfolk can be goats. Ramfolk are usually found in the mountains so I named them Skyrams in the game.
It appears that I am using the wrong brush for acrylics which explains why my brushes frizzle so quickly.They claim that I need to use synthetics or bristle/boar's hair. The problem with these are the hairs are very coarse and that makes it difficult to use on miniatures. What's interesting is that a video podcast that I downloaded said that they used sable.
Acrylic - synthetics and bristle/boar's hair
Fitch and sable for oil.