Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thu Jul 3, 2008 NYC

This was our first trip on JetBlue, and I was impressed. The snack assortments were quite varied - not just peanuts and pretzels. Blue chips official potato chips of JetBlue, cookies, chips. The headrest of the seat before you had a nice LCD and you use your own headphones which is better than whatever they might have. They have DirectTV and XM radio.

JFK looked a bit rundown. Our taxi was a Ford Escape Hybrid but it had a lower suspension. The moment I entered the taxi, the first thing I thought of was the CSI NY episode where someone was gassing people in the back seat then killing them. No chance of that happening here. The glass enclosure was not airtight. Also the glass only enclosed the driver so a person can ride the front seat. The taxi driver zoomed through traffic. The fare was $45 and and an extra $5 for a toll. There was an LCD screen in back which played commercials and allowed you play by credit card.