River Cities
Ever wanted to live in a houseboat condo? They are building two boats. One wanders the waterways of the US while the other sails stays primarily at St. Paul, MN during the summer and Port Isabel, TX in the winter.Woo hoo! The tickets for the Michigan Renaissance Festival finally arrived. Two more weeks to go!
The Michigan Renfest combined two of my favorite interests: cruising and renfests. Renfest entertainment aboard a cruise ship. Imagine that. So do passengers come in garb? I guess it's the equivalent of a Disney cruise. Have you ever heard a Disney cruise ship sound it's horn? It plays "When You Wish Upon a Star."
CRUISING
The World
Being a lover of cruises, I was watching this show on the Travel Channel about the World by ResidenSea. This is the ultimate of cruising. You live aboard the ship! Man, I can only imagine how that must feel. Would I ever get bored of it? I would definitely miss my friends. My friends are my source of energy. It's also wierd to see a cruise ship so void of people.The World has constant internet connection which means you can IM people or use VOIP. They will even design the cabin for you. Nice but where's the TV? The chef wears a chainmail apron when he is trimming the meats on rough seas. I don't know if Rudy would like being on ship since he experiences motion sickness. They said you need a minimum of $5M to purchase a 50 year lease. Unfortunately as of this year, all 165 "homes" are now sold.
River Cities
In this samme vein, is the River Cities which are oversized houseboats. They provide AC for free but you will have to pay for electricity. I wonder if it will have stabilizers like the cruise ships. I've never been on a houseboat before, but I had at one time considered a fall cruise aboard a steamship.
Freedom Ship
This "cruise" ship has not been made yet, but they are trying to make basically a city at sea. It even has a landinng deck on top. That should be pretty noisy for the residents. I don't know if it'll work, but it would be interesting to visit.
Nude Cruising?
Speaking of cruises, I bumped into a website advertising nude (I'm sorry -- clothing optional) cruises on regular cruise lines like Holland America. Imagine booking aboard one of these cruises by accident. Formal dinners would be interesting.
I guess I'm in a bad mood since the blog timed out and I had to do this blog twice. So here's a new category...
Why can't they?
Why can't Webshots screensaver display on multiple screens?
I love the whole changing wallpaper with calendar, but both the screensaver and wallpaper doesn't display on multiple screens.
Why can't the car makers add a memory stick slot instead of an iPod port?
A memory stick is cheaper. We can download music, movies, games and maps to listen, watch, play and reference while in the car. For car renters, driver preferences can be saved such as seat and mirror positions and stereo channel favorites.
Why can't they make a PC on a stick?
Actually, this sounds like something for the renfest. They have Chicken on a Stick, Steak on a Stick, but I'm serious here. Memory sticks are getting darn cheap. I've read that they are going to make a PC with no hard disk just memory. With PC on a stick,the stick will have all your software and files, so you can move from PC to PC, and it will all look the same to you.
Big Oops!
The Aeros sent an email bragging about their new website, but it only redirects you to http://www.infinityprosports.com/
