Look what I found on the plumeria!
Last week, I finally took pity on the pink plumeria. It was looking pretty cramped in the corner that I originally placed it and was bending over double to get more sun. So I planted it in back where it could more sun but somewhat shielded from the wind. In the process, I accidentally broke a branch off. I stuck the broken branch in a pot of what passes for dirt over here (a clay like substance called gumbo) and potting soil. So far so good. Only one leaf fell off so far, and the weather has been in the high 90's. Another is yellowing. Well, a small scrawny lizard has already laid claim to this plumeria. Lizards have claimed every tree, plant or patch of flowers in the house. We have some geckos as well, but they usually come out at night or hide out in the garage.
I brought my camera to work today in hopes of taking a photo of Rachael Ray from the Food Channel. Unfortunately, I got so engrossed in debugging my code that I forgot about the event. The Food Channel has been doing stuff with NASA the past few weeks. Last week, food made by Emeril was given to the astronauts in the space station. If I know Emeril, the food is going to be spicy. Bam! Imagine the astronauts having gas in the close quarters of the International Space Station. Speaking of the ISS, here's the link of the day. It's an animation of the Space Station's assembly.
Today is Lunch Bunch day. Every Wednesday at 1130, we gather for lunch. The number varies from week to week since some people may have simulator time. Today we are eating at Don Picos - a favorite Mexican restaurant of ours. So what is the Lunch Bunch? It's not a hard set rule, but most of us have at one time or another worked for some form of Link. Typical with most companies, Singer-Link had merged or been sold to other companies. In my time alone, it was CAE-Link, Hughes and Raytheon. I have known some of these guys for 16 years. It's as if we were still in the cubes, joking, making fun of one another or just catching up. At the table today, we have people working for Booz-Allen Hamilton, Teledyne Brown Engineering, Boeing,the United Space Alliance and even Raytheon. The talk today was about the further layoffs in Raytheon. It's a shame that Raytheon hasn't found more new business.
It was so hot today that after a few minutes of being outdoors, both Sonny and Rudy went running indoors.
I read that Google bought a company known for their facial recognition software and was going to integrate it into their Picasa software. Now if that works, it would be really cool. It's very tedious tagging each photo.
I brought my camera to work today in hopes of taking a photo of Rachael Ray from the Food Channel. Unfortunately, I got so engrossed in debugging my code that I forgot about the event. The Food Channel has been doing stuff with NASA the past few weeks. Last week, food made by Emeril was given to the astronauts in the space station. If I know Emeril, the food is going to be spicy. Bam! Imagine the astronauts having gas in the close quarters of the International Space Station. Speaking of the ISS, here's the link of the day. It's an animation of the Space Station's assembly.
Today is Lunch Bunch day. Every Wednesday at 1130, we gather for lunch. The number varies from week to week since some people may have simulator time. Today we are eating at Don Picos - a favorite Mexican restaurant of ours. So what is the Lunch Bunch? It's not a hard set rule, but most of us have at one time or another worked for some form of Link. Typical with most companies, Singer-Link had merged or been sold to other companies. In my time alone, it was CAE-Link, Hughes and Raytheon. I have known some of these guys for 16 years. It's as if we were still in the cubes, joking, making fun of one another or just catching up. At the table today, we have people working for Booz-Allen Hamilton, Teledyne Brown Engineering, Boeing,the United Space Alliance and even Raytheon. The talk today was about the further layoffs in Raytheon. It's a shame that Raytheon hasn't found more new business.
It was so hot today that after a few minutes of being outdoors, both Sonny and Rudy went running indoors.
I read that Google bought a company known for their facial recognition software and was going to integrate it into their Picasa software. Now if that works, it would be really cool. It's very tedious tagging each photo.
