Great! We're actually going to make the opening ceremony. As we pull out of our parking spot, Peggy remembers something she has left behind. After some help with the outside door, she retrieves the forgotten item and we are on the road again with still plenty of time. We park at the festival when Mary asks if Heather remembered the tickets. Heather rolls her eyes skyward, and we have to return to the motel. On the way back to the faire, Heather misses her exit. We are not destined to see the opening act. It's a good thing that the motel is not faraway. The royal court is dancing upon the maypole field as we enter Hollygrove. The Queen is even in the dance. I pull out my camera to take a photo when I discovered that is not all we forgot. I left my 1 gig stick in my Clie. Fortunately, I brought my spare stick, but it has only 50 something shots, and I've been shooting about 170 shots a day. Heather and Peggy satisfies their coffee craving. We do some shopping. I'm looking for bracers, mugs and green shirts with collars. I look through Bald Mountain Moccasins' assortment of leather mugs. Since I can't find the crooked wooden mugs, I might as well buy this since it has a color and design I like. Gaffers tape is affixed to the plastic container to keep it in place. The merchant tells me it's perfectly safe to put the container in the dishwasher. "It's good up to to 400 degrees," she tells me. "But I wouldn't put McDonalds coffee in it. We all know it's too hot." All three Limeybirds walk in at one point and looks through the pouches.
We circle back to the front gate and find Ars Musica playing. She plays a dulcimer and he the lute. Their children never left the nest, so they did.
Nearby, Zoltan the Adequate is talking with a small child in his stroller. A red eyed white rat is scurrying on his shoulder. Zoltan sees me taking his photo and tells me that he has a better shot for me. He pulls out a treat and holds it over his rat who stands to eat it. Afterward, Zoltan tells me to show up for the next show where he would light his tongue on fire. That I have to see, I tell him enthusiastically.
I buy a turkey leg while the lines are still short and notice that proceeds go to a school.
We are near a store when a girl strokes my back and compliments my tunic. Of course, she would like my tunic. I noticed that she walks into Authentic Replica where Mary had bought the tunic for me. In one shop, I spot colorful faerie wings tattooed to the girl's back.
"I like your wings," I tell her.
"I'm quite attached to them myself," she says.
Clever. Very clever.

Zoltan's show consists of magic, fire eating and swallows a balloon. He swallows the flame of one torch and lights a torch with the flame in his mouth. Pretty cool. The girls weren't too happy with the whole balloon in the nose and out the mouth bit.
The storyteller currently has the stage at Mother Oak so we patiently sit outside the stage area on a bench. A young lass complements my hat. I see the cast of Bocca gathered in a faraway corner. We have some time to kill before the parade, so I watch the glassblowers make an elaborate drinking horn. He has 12 years and the assistant has 5 years.
As I leave the glassblower, a man asks where I bought my boots. I must be a walking advertisement. He too is dressed as a cavalier from the waist up and has blue jeans and black tennis shows. I tell him that I don't remember, but it was Silver something. But it was on-line, he says and I nod my head. He complements the boots and walks off. It wasn't till hours later that I remember it was from Silvermane Leather.
The Parade






"Do you travel to other faires?" she asks us.
"We do," we answer. I wish I had a better accent. Peggy explains that she is from Maryland, Heather from Richmond while Mary and I are from Texas. Bonnie Lass is more than excited. She says that they had been invited to TRF but were booked elsewhere. She is from Massachusetts where it only takes 2 hours to cross the state not some 14 hours. She asks if we have been to Scarborough. We say that we have. Since we are from Texas, she asks if we have been to the Louisiana Renfest. I say that we have. Peggy says that she and Heather have not. Bonnie Lass enthusiastically recommends the Louisiana Renfest. She said with Katrina, that they did very well last year especially with all the workers who had nothing to do with their time off. Much had been added to the festival grounds. Pirate Shantyman and her will be there this season. I ask which half and she says that they are booked for the entire festival.
She recommends the Colorado Renaissance Festival. She said that it is very beautiful but to be careful of the altitude. I guess that's another festival we will add to out list. She excuses herself and continues to hawk more business. As we talk among ourselves, Bonnie Lass plays Gilligan's Island on her ceramic flute. A scot walks past.
"Hey scot," calls Bonnie Lass. As the scot turns his head, Bonnie Lass lifts her skirt. "I showed you mine, now show me yours." The scot obliges her and lifts his kilt. No, I don't know what was underneath.
Peggy and I fetches some water and nuts. The caramel apple hawker next to us fusses that we didn't buy his goods. As we walk past Bonnie Lass, she belches like a man.
"Excuse me," she smiles. "Someone got me a cider."

"You there in the cavalier hat, " says the Shantyman pointing to me.
Oh no! says the sinking voice in my head.
"What is your name?"
I consider giving my full name but considering the repercussions, I give "Rod."
"It is now Jack. A good pirate's name."
I nod. It's too bad that I don't have a pirate's hat today.
"To this side of Jack will give pirate's salute for me," he says holding up the sign language for the letter R.
"And to this side of Jack will give the pirate's salute for Bonnie Lass. And Jack could cheer for either side or both." I give the thumbs up, and he is a bit shocked. Don't worry. Bonnie Lass will get my R.
After the show, we move to the Queen's Gazebo. The womenfolk buy themselves ice cream and while they eat them at a couple of benches, I watch as Squire John tries to become a knight. The stage is later taken by one of the gypsy camps. The bagpiper and gypsy music is competing against one another so we move closer to the bagpiper who could use a crowd. He lets one guy play his bagpipe.
Chainmaille babes are non-existent at this renfest, but I did see two barbarian queens. The second one looked really hot. Her bodice is covered with spikes...a really good way of telling you not to touch. The bagpiper was able to convince her to learn the fling. She was a lousy dancer, but great to watch. He insists that it is a warrior's dance to demonstrate stamina and dexterity. There is no way I can dance that with spurs. I would trip all over myself. What am I saying? I probably couldn't even dance it without the spurs.
Even King Philip stops and watches the pretty barbarian dance. Quite pleased, a smile creases his lips. Afterward, he converses with a few of the danes. We walk off in search of Peggy who has found one of the jewelers who visits TRF. This is the shop where the pretty brunette works. Kinda reminds me of Marcia Brady. We have seen everything in the fair and call it an early day.