Friday, November 24, 2006

Fri Nov 24, 2006 Black Friday


It's 4:17 am the day after Thanksgiving so why am I standing outside in the cold? It's Black Friday, and I'm waiting outside Fry's for their big sale. No Gary this time around. He's home at Kingsville with his Mom. It's a bit chilly but nothing a light jacket won't fix. The line is already 3/4 along the side when I arrive. Did I remember where I parked? I hope saw. I thought of not going and instead sleep, but I got up at 3 anyways. I napped a bit more and got up again at 3:30 am without the alarm.

On the drive over I heard that Sony is recalling Cybershot cameras that have problems with LCD screens or just can't take a photo. It figures. Mine was failing months ago, and I just tossed it a few weeks ago. The news report goes on to say that Sony had recalled the Cybershots twice. It figures. I had two Cybershots die for no reason. I won't buy a Sony ever again. Hopefully Dad's Sony is okay.

Fry's opens their doors 5 minutes early. I'm in and out in 20 minutes and that's with the sales clerk getting an item off the floor. I scored a USB flash card reader, 2 GB SD card, 300 GB hard drive, UPS, Nero 7.0. All free after rebates.... Well, except for the hard drive. Next is Office Depot which opens at 6. I am surprised to find a short line. They are handing out markers for the stuff that are in limited quantities.

I drive off to the Rat Shack on Bay Area for a SD card to USB converter. Nope, no such luck and it's just 15 after 6. Radio Shack must be dying. The one in Texas City, Dickinson and even the fairly new on El Dorado are closed. It's jsut past 7 when I get home. Mary is still asleep. Sleep...that sounds good. The hunt was good. I'll fill out the dreaded rebates later just before we leave for an Aeros game at 730 tonight, but not before...


I don"t know what happened next door. I heard a lot noise out front and when I looked there's a fire engine, an ambulance, a fire chief and 3 sheriff cars. A gurney was even rolled up. I told Mary it's like "Hysteria Lane" in "Desperate Housewives."

The Aeros beat the Rampage tonight. Matt Foy even had a hat trick (made 3 goals.)