
Mary and I drove to Eric and Glenda's place for Thanksgiving dinner. Mom and Dad were already there of course since they've been helping them out during the weekdays. Mark and Lee showed up a little later with Lee's mom.


This was my first attempt at studio portraits. I'm more of a landscape and pet photographer. I bought a Canon 580EX flash with the last of my Wolf Camera gift card. I hate gift cards. They claim that it doesn't expire but after 2 years they deduct $2 a month. That sucks.





Taking photos of babies is tough. You can't to be too far away since they can't see that far. Also, they like to see the photographer's eyes so I need to invest in a remote switch. Another thing. Shooting with a timer just doesn't work with a baby.The photos were okay, No harsh shadows but I need a diffuser so I can direct more light towards them. I think the natural light photos were better since there were shadows. Maybe if I bounce the light to the right and increased the intensity.


Glenda cooked Thanksgiving dinner with some help from my dad. She had a tree spreads for appetizers. The main course was Turducken sometimes known as Chuckey according to "American Eats" on the History Channel. There was also green beans and a spiral ham.
Trivia
When the inventor of the device that cuts spiral hams tried to sell the idea to the ham companies, nobody wanted to buy it so he sold the spiral ham himself. He founded Honeybaked Hams.
For dessert was a bourbon pecan pie with chocolate, chocolate eclairs and pumpkin pie with a cream cheese bottom. The pecan pie was the best.


Mom, I don't like jellied turkey.

Hmmm...I wonder what my godparents Mark and Lee got me.

Cool, they got me started on my college fund!

Okay it's time for family pictures. Ily's hand must taste pretty good. It's always in her mouth.
We headed home around 4 and was able to catch "Casino Royale" with the latest Bond. Don't read on if you haven't watched the movie. It just doesn't make sense that Judi Dench was M if this movie was a prequel. I kept expecting them to say that each 007 was named Bond, but that didn't happen. I hope they don't redo all the old Bond movies now. This Bond is even meaner than Timothy Dalton - my favorite Bond. Mary didn't like the new Bond. I did like that they concentrated more on stunts instead of CGI. I didn't like Pierce Brosnan snowboarding just ahead of an avalanche. It just didn't look right.









Trivia
When the inventor of the device that cuts spiral hams tried to sell the idea to the ham companies, nobody wanted to buy it so he sold the spiral ham himself. He founded Honeybaked Hams.
For dessert was a bourbon pecan pie with chocolate, chocolate eclairs and pumpkin pie with a cream cheese bottom. The pecan pie was the best.


Mom, I don't like jellied turkey.

Hmmm...I wonder what my godparents Mark and Lee got me.

Cool, they got me started on my college fund!

Okay it's time for family pictures. Ily's hand must taste pretty good. It's always in her mouth.
