Saturday, December 30, 2006

Sat Dec 30, 2006 Trans-Siberian Orchestra

We meet Peggy and Heather at Chili's. Their timing is perfect. They arrive just as their to-go lunch arrives. Mary drives us to the closest Metro stop. We ride to the Verizon Center which was the very same place we saw the hockey game.

TSO is cool. In my opinion, their music is better than Mannheim Steamroller. An east band and west band tours. Mary and I have seen both bands. Each concert, they always donate some of the ticket sales to charity. Tonight's money will go to USO.

We are seated further away than the last time we saw TSO, but we are able to see more of the special effects this time. Last time we were able to be in the snow. This time we could see the green lasers twinkle as it hit the snow.

Each concert, TSO tries something new. Last year, they added fire. This year they added a center platform that rises. Two band members will ride it up or fire is flashed from it. I thought we were far from the stage, but I can feel the fire on both the stage in front and the fire on the center platform.

So which band do I like more? I prefer the west band. The east band keeps pressuring fans to cheer.

After the concert, we ride the Metro back to Chili's for dinner and exchange gifts. We'll see Heather and Peggy by February at the Arizona Renfest.