
Tis midmorn and we are gathered outside the village gates. Vince Conaway on the hammer dulcimer begins to play, and two gypsies perform their sword dance.

The blonde noble watches in deep interest for she is the one who was balancing the flower on her head the other day.

High in the parapets are Stefan Debauchery The Baron of Albright and Boaz Rucksley The Counstable. The Baron informs us that the Queen shall be visiting Albright this very day, and we are schooled in the proper in the proper way to greet the Queen. Women should curtsy. Men should extend their left hand out to their side, remove their hats which they place to their hearts then bow. They then say "Recover" and replace their hats on their head as they stand. This is different from Scarborough where we are allowed a tip of the hat since we are on guard at all times.

The Queen steps from the turret and greets the crowd. She informs the baron that she and her entourage shall be staying for several days. This distresses the Baron of Albright for her entourage is quite large. The gates are opened and the Queen greets the individuals as they pass.



This Viking looks familiar. He was at the Michigan Renaissance Festival selling wooden boxes. Rampant Haggis is playing their bagpipes on the Queen's Stage as we pass.

Martin Wood Works demonstrates the art of cooping from within his new building. He uses this skill to make excellent wooden mugs which can be custom made. His assistant had made leather covers for the hexagon mug covers which would work quite well with my twisted mug so I buy one for $10. What I didn't realize was that my mug lacked enough of a gap between the brim and the top of the handle. His master even sells wooden straws.

We are walking along Playford Lane when a busty woman steps up to me with a basket in hand.
"Cookies, my lord?" she asks. She dangles her basket before me as she names the flavors. "I made them but today."
"How much?" I ask willing to help her out.
"$2.50 a pair," she says pushing her busom closer to view. Dollar bills are stuffed inside.
"A pair you say?" I answer with a grin. I wish I was in garb. It's more fun to play when I'm in character.
"A pair," she smiles back. I ask for peanut butter cookies. They may have been baked this morning, but they are cold now. I am disappointed to find average size cookies.

Hurdy Gurdy

We return to the Queen's Stage and find "Tales of Robin Hood" there. It's a G show which uses children participation to tell the story. I make my way to the privies. These are small even without a costume.
The courtyard sells food and the fried artichoke hearts catches my eye. Very good (if you like artichokes -- of course Rick and Jim does not) but very hot.

This girl gets around...

The Silk Road Camels are new. Not much business for them.

Why does this look like square dancing?










At the top of the lake, we find four real ducks and one rubber duckie.
At the jousting grounds, Rick and I step into Eeldrytch Armouree tent - a leathersmith's shop. He sells unique mugholders that look nice but they are a bit awkward for they use a button. His leather bags are unique but I have no need for another. The mantles catch Rick's eye but they sell for $99. The cowls are very nice but are $300+. I was tempted to buy one myself for a medieval period costume. It could never compare to my musketeer uniform but it would be much cooler for the hot weather of TRF in October. I can add bracers and maybe a large belt - but that would not work so well for mugs so my other belt will have to do. I have their website if I ever wish to buy it.We are walking along Playford Lane when a busty woman steps up to me with a basket in hand.
"Cookies, my lord?" she asks. She dangles her basket before me as she names the flavors. "I made them but today."
"How much?" I ask willing to help her out.
"$2.50 a pair," she says pushing her busom closer to view. Dollar bills are stuffed inside.
"A pair you say?" I answer with a grin. I wish I was in garb. It's more fun to play when I'm in character.
"A pair," she smiles back. I ask for peanut butter cookies. They may have been baked this morning, but they are cold now. I am disappointed to find average size cookies.

Hurdy Gurdy

The courtyard sells food and the fried artichoke hearts catches my eye. Very good (if you like artichokes -- of course Rick and Jim does not) but very hot.

This girl gets around...

The Silk Road Camels are new. Not much business for them.

Why does this look like square dancing?

The parade starts at 1245. It begins at the Crow's Nest and ends at the joust.

The Scots lead the parade with bagpipes and flag.

The Queen now rides a carriage instead of walking the entire circuit.


Hmmm, she looks familiar...

The parade is longer than before. We shoot the parade from across the lake then up close.

Gypsies

The Scot I met yesterday is escorting a pretty young maiden in the parade.