Lorrie couldn't make the show tonight so we scrambled to search for a replacement. Yvette - Lisa's neighbor down the street joined us. This was probably a refreshing change for her since she had five kids - one of which she was still nursing. We were delayed due to a bad wreck on I-45. Three of four lanes were closed off. The Hard Rock and Mingalone were both packed so we ended up eating at Artista which is part of the Hobby Center. They could only offer seating at the bar or balcony. We ended up at the balcony which had a great view of the Christmas skyline. I had the red snapper with habanero butter sauce which was extremely mild. The potato and green apple hash was good, but it was more potato than green apple. Lisa shared her empenadas and bread pudding. All in all everyone's dishes were good but the prices were steep. Arista is convenient though. You step out of the restaurant and you're in the theatre's lobby. An usher is right at the door to scan your tickets.
This is the first year for the Rockettes to be in Houston. This is a family show with something for everyone including the kids. Santa Claus is quite prevalent in the story. There are elves and even Mrs. Claus. Their version of the Nutcracker with stuffed animals was hilarious and makes you feel like a kid again. The dancers dress up as stuffed animals. The song selection includes traditional Christmas Carols as well.
During intermission, I checked out the Rockettes booth which sold Christmas ornaments, CDs, dolls, shirts, and books. The ornaments caught my eye but they weren't quite what I wanted.
Yvette had Lisa take a picture of her before the stage. I groaned when the flash went off. Sure enough, an usher appeared to tell us that photos were not allowed.
This was the first time I've seen live animals on stage. They performed a nativity scene complete with a miniature donkey, 2 camels and 4 sheep. We all wondered how they avoided a mess.
Overall, it was a great show. I don't know if I would make it a Christmas tradition like Trans-Siberian Orchestra but maybe every other year.
This is the first year for the Rockettes to be in Houston. This is a family show with something for everyone including the kids. Santa Claus is quite prevalent in the story. There are elves and even Mrs. Claus. Their version of the Nutcracker with stuffed animals was hilarious and makes you feel like a kid again. The dancers dress up as stuffed animals. The song selection includes traditional Christmas Carols as well.
During intermission, I checked out the Rockettes booth which sold Christmas ornaments, CDs, dolls, shirts, and books. The ornaments caught my eye but they weren't quite what I wanted.
Yvette had Lisa take a picture of her before the stage. I groaned when the flash went off. Sure enough, an usher appeared to tell us that photos were not allowed.
This was the first time I've seen live animals on stage. They performed a nativity scene complete with a miniature donkey, 2 camels and 4 sheep. We all wondered how they avoided a mess.
Overall, it was a great show. I don't know if I would make it a Christmas tradition like Trans-Siberian Orchestra but maybe every other year.
