Last time Mary and I attended The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo, it was held in the Astrodome which has long since gone been replaced by Reliant Stadium -- at least for most events. We've never been to the new stadium since neither of us are Texan fans nor we were fans of the new Metrorail -- too many accidents.
We parked near the Japanese Tea Gardens and walked several yards to the Metrorail stop. The automated machine took bank cards, credit cards and paper money. It paid back in dollar coins. $2 allowed you to use the Metrorail for 24 hours -- cheaper than $7 per car at the Park & Ride. The southbound train arrived as we collected our tickets. Standing room only, but not too crowded.

The train was clean and quiet. We arrived at Reliant Park in about 12 minutes. Actually, it probably took longer to work our way through the food court to Reliant Stadium.

The carnival is open till midnight.

Several years back, I told a co-worker named C.W. that I was going to the rodeo. He asked me what I was going to see. I told him Brooks & Dunn which was the concert that night. C.W. was disappointed. You see, C.W. was a real cowboy -- straight down to the big buckle on his belt, tight Wrangler jeans and pick-up truck. He even competed in team roping. I don't remember if he was the header or heeler. He was curious which event I wanted to see. There is bareback bronco riding, steer wrestling, saddle bronc riding, and even a calf scramble for the kids.
We parked near the Japanese Tea Gardens and walked several yards to the Metrorail stop. The automated machine took bank cards, credit cards and paper money. It paid back in dollar coins. $2 allowed you to use the Metrorail for 24 hours -- cheaper than $7 per car at the Park & Ride. The southbound train arrived as we collected our tickets. Standing room only, but not too crowded.


The carnival is open till midnight.


The only sport that women compete in is Barrel Racing.

The Rodeo Clowns ready for the next event...

The cowboy gets ready as well...

for Bull Riding.
Chuck Wagon Races

As they set up the rotating stage...

a cowboy performs rope tricks...

Now if can teach the horse to jump the rope...

And tonight's musical act is Sheryl Crow. She rides in on a gorgeous pinto who keeps stopping on her even when the a cowboy on horseback takes the reins. There is a really bad reverb. Even the close captioner had problems understanding her at times. She screwed up the lyrics to one song. and said "That's how you know it's live."