Friday, August 10, 2007

Fri 1700 Aug 10, 2007 Heading to Edinburgh

I check out the Lammis Festival for a bit as well as a few stores for the Harry Potter stamps which has now become a quest for us. No luck. It's time to leave for Edinburgh so I return to the Museum of Golf. It's starting to rain again, but it holds by the time we reach our hotel in Edinburgh. I didn't care much for this room. It was small and didn't have a view at all. It was also quite warm since no air circulated. Like many of the other Scottish hotels, room 384 came with a towel heater which wasn't too helpful in this weather. A speaker in the bathroom piped in the television's audio. We had an armoire instead of a closet as well as a trouser press. A red Gideon bible was in the night stand. The International Book Festival is just down the street from us and Princes Street is just a couple of blocks away. At 6:30, we head out to the Glasgow Thistle Hotel for dinner and entertainment.