We are off to a late start today. Bill and Carolyn had the free continental breakfast. After Mary and I had breakfast, the four of us head off to the Venetian. The people mover wasn't working. Whoopi's wax figure was on display at Madame Tussard's and looked really good. We walk along the indoor canals. The indoor and outdoor canals don't connect since the indoor canal is on the second floor. At St Mark's Square is a mime. For awhile, I felt like I was in a renfest. A lady dressed as a noble handed out gold coin chocolates to the kids.
We return to the Paris around 130 and wait for Heather to bring them to the airport. After dropping off Bill and Carolyn, we head to the 2 for 1 tickets place to see if we can score Jimmy Buffet tickets but we have no such luck. The scalpers next door are asking $250-$450. Too much for our blood.
Instead we opt for the Second City comedy team at the Flamingo for around $26 each. I have to remember this place. They have the Star Trek tix for half price as well.
In honor of Jimmy Buffet, we decide to eat at Margaritaville. As we walk towards the Flamingo, we bump into plenty of parrotheads, pirates, even guys carrying flamingo lawn ornaments.
The wait at Margaritaville was too long. The steaks at the upscale restaurant 46 smelled good so we go there.
"Reservations?" asks the pretty dark haired hostess in a slinky black dress.
"Nope," I reply.
"Hotel guest?" she asks.
"Nope."
"Players Club?"
"Nope."
"Three strikes you're out," laughes Heather.
"Where are you staying?" asks the hostess.
"Paris," I reply. The girl types something into her keyboard. Hmmm... Could we be lucky?
"Name?" she asks. "Room?"
We're in, I think to myself as I supply the info. Cool.
46 is a nice restaurant. The waiter asks if we have any coupons. Heather checks our tickets. The tix gives us $20 off the meal. Not bad since it almost pays off the tip.
I could not believe the price of drinks at the Second City show. We used to get free tickets to a comedy club called Spellbinders on the west side of town. The only catch was that you had to order two drinks which ran for about $7 each. I can deal with that. I can not deal with a $14 pina colada not frozen. The drink wasn't even run through a blender. The waitress asked if I wanted whipped cream with it. I'm not fond of whipped cream with my drinks so I said "no." I wonder how much the drink would cost have cost if I had said "yes." An 8 oz bottled water cost $3.50.
The Second City show was pretty funny. They did multiple skits which tied together at the end. They didn't mess with audience too much. They would ask simple stuff like what did you want to be when you grew up or name an animal. It's amazing how many people would get the tongue tied.
Heather calls it a night and takes the monorail back to her rental at the MGM while we take the pedestrian bridge to the Bellagio to watch the fountains. We catch the fountains dance to "All that Jazz" and "Viva Las Vegas" before we head to the room for the night.
We return to the Paris around 130 and wait for Heather to bring them to the airport. After dropping off Bill and Carolyn, we head to the 2 for 1 tickets place to see if we can score Jimmy Buffet tickets but we have no such luck. The scalpers next door are asking $250-$450. Too much for our blood.
Instead we opt for the Second City comedy team at the Flamingo for around $26 each. I have to remember this place. They have the Star Trek tix for half price as well.
In honor of Jimmy Buffet, we decide to eat at Margaritaville. As we walk towards the Flamingo, we bump into plenty of parrotheads, pirates, even guys carrying flamingo lawn ornaments.
The wait at Margaritaville was too long. The steaks at the upscale restaurant 46 smelled good so we go there.
"Reservations?" asks the pretty dark haired hostess in a slinky black dress.
"Nope," I reply.
"Hotel guest?" she asks.
"Nope."
"Players Club?"
"Nope."
"Three strikes you're out," laughes Heather.
"Where are you staying?" asks the hostess.
"Paris," I reply. The girl types something into her keyboard. Hmmm... Could we be lucky?
"Name?" she asks. "Room?"
We're in, I think to myself as I supply the info. Cool.
46 is a nice restaurant. The waiter asks if we have any coupons. Heather checks our tickets. The tix gives us $20 off the meal. Not bad since it almost pays off the tip.
I could not believe the price of drinks at the Second City show. We used to get free tickets to a comedy club called Spellbinders on the west side of town. The only catch was that you had to order two drinks which ran for about $7 each. I can deal with that. I can not deal with a $14 pina colada not frozen. The drink wasn't even run through a blender. The waitress asked if I wanted whipped cream with it. I'm not fond of whipped cream with my drinks so I said "no." I wonder how much the drink would cost have cost if I had said "yes." An 8 oz bottled water cost $3.50.
The Second City show was pretty funny. They did multiple skits which tied together at the end. They didn't mess with audience too much. They would ask simple stuff like what did you want to be when you grew up or name an animal. It's amazing how many people would get the tongue tied.
Heather calls it a night and takes the monorail back to her rental at the MGM while we take the pedestrian bridge to the Bellagio to watch the fountains. We catch the fountains dance to "All that Jazz" and "Viva Las Vegas" before we head to the room for the night.