We strolled across to New York New York where we checkout the lions and I complete my given quest. The Zumanity store is open and I purchase a refrigerator magnet for Glenda.
The Bellagio fountains aren't running so we head to the Conservatory which was decorated in its autumn colors. A cool looking green man was made of wood. Bill joins us, and we look for an outside bar which overlooks the fountains. I don't know what happened, but we end up inside a high priced restaurant with no view of the fountains. I wanted to walk out, but I'm stuck with people who probably don't want a scene. No mixed drinks either so I settle for a $9 dessert. Yes, you read right, and it wasn't even that great or that large.
For dinner, Carolyn and Mary treats us to the Eiffel Tower Restaurant. When we made the reservations this morning, it looked like we will be seated far from the view of the fountains, but we luck out when we arrive and are seated within view of the fountains. It wasn't at the glass like when Mary and I came here last, but the view was still nice. At first, it appeared that Carolyn was going to argue with the hostess and tell her that we weren't to be seated here, but Carolyn didn't push it.
We walk to the MGM. The KA theatre is buried in a labyrinth of gambling tables and slots.
Frankly, I'm not a fan of the traveling Cirque du Soleil especially after seeing the last two. One was a giant musical and the other was about a dying clown. But I was impressed by this. Above the lobby, two actors in character played a giant string instrument stretched high above the crowd. Ushers dressed as Ka villagers take our tickets and seat us. The theatre appears like a Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. Unlike the traveling performance, this is not a theatre in the round. A giant platform smoothly transitions from horizontal to vertical. It surprising to see watch the actors jump off the platform into the pit. We are seated at Row 5 and have fabulous seats. For me, you have fabulous seats if you can make out the actor's faces without binoculars. The trapeze-like performers swing directly over our head and even the flying machine which looked like it was built by the goblins soared directly over us.
We take the monorail back to Bally's and walk the tunnel to Paris. The Dueling Pianos are about to begin at Napoleon's so we sit there for a spell. These guys were great. It was amazing what they can play with pianos. AC/DC, Heart's Barracuda. Bill leaves early to gamble and Heather takes off shortly afterwards. When we stragglers call it a night, two girls from the audience were singing along to a Blondie song. There was a two drink minimum, but the waitress let us slip by with just one each.