Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sat Nov 10, 2007 Clie and an Aeros game

COOL! I managed to replace the battery for my old Clie UX-50 that I thought was dead. That means I now have a backup when this one dies. The hard part was not finding the battery but finding a screwdriver to open it. I needed a 5 point star screwdriver. Most people on the web recommended using a small flat screwdriver, but I couldn't find one small enough till I happened upon one at none other than a dollar store.

Lately, the battery of my current one dies too soon. I used to be able to listen to music at the same time write email during an overseas flight. Now I can only listen to the music but not use the screen. Light uses a lot of power even on my iPod Touch.

I love the Clie over all other PDA's. I thought the iPod Touch would be a great PDA, but it's too easy to fat finger the keys and a stylus doesn't work with the screen. I would like a way of deselecting the camera button on my Clie. Too often it would depress in my pants pocket and drain my battery. The rotating camera sometimes causes the PDA to stop working.

What would my dream PDA have? As always more memory, a higher resolution and longer battery life would be good. A camera with a higher resolution would be nice. I've used the mike a few times to record meetings but there is no way of listening at a faster speed. The size is just right. The calendar should have it where you can schedule to the minute and across days. I use AgendaPro for this.
  • Easier playlist. Multi playlist
  • Keep the clamshell. A lot of people like it.
  • Fullscreen the music software.
  • Scientific calculator with hexcalc.
  • Ability to delete default software such as the calendar and calculator.
Dream software
  • A WiFi phone that uses Yahoo Chat and IM. I like free services.
  • Use a bluetooth headphone.
  • Dictation - that converts to text.
  • Bluetooth filing or WiFi with latest encryption. Must support flash (iPod Touch doesn't) and allow updates
  • A translator. Talk and it writes out what was said in whatever language you want.
  • Determine your location based on your IP
  • The ability to beam documents.
  • A USB jack.
Imagine a NHL game on the Wii with 10 players that woukd be cool. I see a lot of penalties.

Tonight is another Aeros game.

The Sonic Boom are now the Ladies of the Aerodynamics. I wonder if they heard their nickname of "Sonic Boob". Their outfits are nicer. They change them from time to time. Today is Military Appreciation Day which is appropriate since this is Veteran's Day Weekend.

On the back of a girl's shirt is "What word rhymes with Chuck? Puck." Not the word I would have thought of.