Typically I choose the first shirt on my rack, find a matching pair of pants and wear that to work. This way I rotate through all my clothes evenly. Of course, if it's gonna be cold I would choose a long sleeve shirt instead of a short sleeve shirt.
The company VP is visiting today. So do I wear something nicer than usual? I figure jeans are out. I decide on my Edinburgh Military Tattoo rugby shirt. That should be a great conversation piece. I hate dressing up anyways.
After everyone has their fill, the VP talks about new business that they are pursuing.
So much for being invisible.
When it comes to meeting head honchos, I prefer to be invisible. The sim required some last minute configuration changes so the other programmer and I arrive 5 minutes late at the restaurant. People are already at the buffet. My boss introduces us to the VP, and we latecomers are relegated to a large separate table to ourselves since there are not enough seats at the long table.
After everyone has their fill, the VP talks about new business that they are pursuing.
The talk comes to an end and people are shuffling out the door. My co-worker steps up to talk to the VP and the Director of New Business. Her brother-in-law is staff to the VP. I step up to wait for her, and my supervisor tries to introduce me to the VP again. "Yes, we've already met," the VP smiles to me. "We'll be talking to you in the future." I have a feeling it's about the new business.
So much for being invisible.