My cell rings as I swing the rental car into the grassy parking lot. My parking pixies did well. Our walk to the main gate would be short even though we arrive midday. I return Mike's call as I wait for the girls finish prepping. Lisa is shopping and he's driving.
"Where are you?" he asks. "We're at the Maryland Renfest," I tell him as we walk towards the box office. They had gone to the Tennessee Renfest in May. We have to go there one day. It has a real castle. He tells me to take plenty of photos as I hang up for photos. I watch as two elephants walk by. When we evacuate, we really evacuate. The Maryland Renfest is an old quarry with tall trees. The stages are built into bowls. We find a few tables. We sit down to eat at a narrow table just two planks wide. A well endowed redhead in a blue dress with a plunging neckline steps to my right In a thick Italian accent, she asks if she can sit next to me. I recognize her as the one who talked to the queen but moments ago. I tell her that she can. She says that she is eating before her next show. She is Columbina Andreini of The Interpreters. Peggy tells her that Mary and I are from TRF. I have been to your shire she says. Have you heard of Iris and Rose? I tell her yes. She tells us that her next act is at 430 at the White Hart Tavern.
We leave Columbina and reconnoiter the White Hart. The Pyrates Royal are on stage. The White Hart Tavern is quite popular since a drinking establishment is next door much like the Sea Devil's Tavern at TRF. Stages like these need busty serving wenches to complete the atmosphere. Instead, hawkers wander the area selling CDs, T-shirts and sometimes DVDs. I wonder when they will begin selling Blu-ray DVDs.
We watch The Interpreters who are much like Iris and Rose. Columbina remembers me. She chooses me as number 4 for their song.
We stay to watch the O'Danny Girls trio. When they do the moose song, the audience pulls out stuffed moose. No, not the real thing but of the toy variety.
We scope out the Lyrics stage and find the Renaissance Man. Do not heckle this man or you would pay the consequences. He doesn't care if you are a child. Also never ever read the program during his act.
"Where are you?" he asks. "We're at the Maryland Renfest," I tell him as we walk towards the box office. They had gone to the Tennessee Renfest in May. We have to go there one day. It has a real castle. He tells me to take plenty of photos as I hang up for photos. I watch as two elephants walk by. When we evacuate, we really evacuate. The Maryland Renfest is an old quarry with tall trees. The stages are built into bowls. We find a few tables. We sit down to eat at a narrow table just two planks wide. A well endowed redhead in a blue dress with a plunging neckline steps to my right In a thick Italian accent, she asks if she can sit next to me. I recognize her as the one who talked to the queen but moments ago. I tell her that she can. She says that she is eating before her next show. She is Columbina Andreini of The Interpreters. Peggy tells her that Mary and I are from TRF. I have been to your shire she says. Have you heard of Iris and Rose? I tell her yes. She tells us that her next act is at 430 at the White Hart Tavern.
We leave Columbina and reconnoiter the White Hart. The Pyrates Royal are on stage. The White Hart Tavern is quite popular since a drinking establishment is next door much like the Sea Devil's Tavern at TRF. Stages like these need busty serving wenches to complete the atmosphere. Instead, hawkers wander the area selling CDs, T-shirts and sometimes DVDs. I wonder when they will begin selling Blu-ray DVDs.
We watch them for awhile then wander to the Globe Theatre and watch Romeo and Juliet.
When we return to the White Hart, the Rogues have taken the stage so we stay.
We watch The Interpreters who are much like Iris and Rose. Columbina remembers me. She chooses me as number 4 for their song.
We stay to watch the O'Danny Girls trio. When they do the moose song, the audience pulls out stuffed moose. No, not the real thing but of the toy variety.
We scope out the Lyrics stage and find the Renaissance Man. Do not heckle this man or you would pay the consequences. He doesn't care if you are a child. Also never ever read the program during his act.



