Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sun Aug 31, 2008 The Pennsylvania Renaissance Festival

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
Photo of the day


The Pennsylvania Renaissance Festival is held every fall at the Mount Hope Estate Winery. It is but a stone's throw from the Maryland Renfest. This is Children's Fantasy weekend.

Asphalt pathways, hilly terrain and horseshoes on the heels of my cavalier boots make it really easy to slip and fall. Twice I nearly fell on my arse.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
We find a familiar face at O'Malleys Pour House. The magician Isaac Fawlkes is performing on the stage.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
The girls wander into a potter shoppe and listen a spell to the potter as he works on a dragon lamp. He thanks us devoted rennies for visiting. I guess our garb was a dead giveaway. He points out his craftsmanship, how the handles are fastened and the bottoms are glazed. He shows a colorful dragon teapot. A lady had bought a similar teapot and complained how long it took to bring the water to a boil. The potter was shocked. He told her that it was a teapot which is used to steep the tea and not a tea kettle which is used to boil the water. But his pottery held up to the heating and did not crack.

Queen Elizabeth visits the shoppe next door.


The Grand Feast
The shire was without a feast the last time we visited. The feast area is covered but without walls. The weather was nice but a bit warm for those in the sun. I wondered what they do if it rains. Reginald is caught by surprise that the Queen will be visiting. Shakespeare teaches us how to be well mannered guests. At one point, he insults the girl to the left of me and her man rightly so stands in her defense. Shakespeare apologizes profusely. In a visiting act, I am chosen to play the part of King Richard.

The Chess Arena
This is the largest Human Chess Match Board I've seen. The Czar is visiting the shire with his bride to be, but a noble has fallen in love with her. The final duel will be this afternoon at Bosworth Field.


The Sultry Sirens of Sin

The entire cast of the Sultry Sirens of Sin has changed. The Irish Butcher girl is kinda scary with her bloody apron and cleavers in hand. I have flashbacks of the Todd Sweeney musical. I think they are recording another which is great since I love their music. I found an older CD of theirs that had songs I hadn't heard before.

I finally find a shirt in the color green that I like. The buxom girl asks from where I fare. I tell her Texas and she comments that they had another patron from Texas.


Barely Balanced



A Must See
A must see is the final act at the jousting grounds. It reminded me of a stunt show with music and a great story. Plenty of falls and fire. The best show I've ever seen.


Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!