Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sat Nov 8, 2008 TRF-Roman Bacchanal

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
My favorite shot of the day!
Yes, she doesn't have a head, but neither did the Venus di Milo. I sometimes shoot without using the viewfinder. I'm pretty good with my 20D, but not with the point and shoot.
Brian and Cindy are late. Brian calls to say that they'll just meet us at the faire. Traffic s backed up at Magnolia. We were completely stopped when my car is hit from behind. A lady was looking at her map in her BMW and must have released the brake. It was enough to puncture the bumper. Great.

It's past noon, but I hope to catch the parade at the Globe. No such luck. I do see them dancing at the Dragonslayer though. I am stopped by two photographers who want my photo with their kids. I oblige. I actually get stopped for photos quite a few times today. It's Roman Bacchanal and I see a few Roman Centurions as well as people in togas.


The Gypsy Dance

Bob wants to see the Gypsy Dance first. Who am I to argue? Brian and Cindy head off to Sherwood Forest. Fabian wants to go through the maze. The gypsies have different outfits from the last time we saw them. There is even a dance where the gypsy balances a tray of flaming oil lamps on her head. A blonde pirate wants me in a photo with her.

Tartanic
Bob is then in the mood for bagpipes and he is in luck. Tartanic is just a stage away. While Bob and Mary watches the show, I drop the Mexican food shoppe for a torta. A lady in an elaborate noble hoop dress complements my outfit. I'm feeling pretty good now.

The Falconer
Unable to get a hold of Brian on his cell phone, we go in search of them and come upon the Falconer's stage. The show is about to start in a few minutes so we wait. Brian calls. They had just past the Falconer's stage and joins us. Zebrina climbs from one person's lap to another..