One of my co-workers at Huntsville had been to New Zealand a year and a half ago. In his words: Everywhere you look you want to take a photo. Okay, I'm sold. He tells me to send photos. They don't know how many photos I take. Around 1:00 pm, I see on the web that an earthquake occurred just off America Samoa. A 5 foot wave knocked out one village and New Zealand is on tsunami warning. I guess I should have packed a surfboard.
At LAX, we arrive at Terminal 1. Air New Zealand is just a walk away to Terminal 2. When we check in our luggage, I ask about the tsunami. The lady who is obviously from New Zealand says that the warning has been cancelled. She talks to me a bit since she notices I am from Hawaii. I tell her that I am full blooded Filipino, and she comments about there being lots of Filipinos in Hawaii.
We're chasing the sunset to Auckland.
The Video on Demand library is extensive. I watch the "The Proposal" and "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" before I take a nap. I then watch "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", "Escape to Madagascar 2". The meals are nothing memorable.