I've been fighting off a cold since we returned to Houston. Two bugs are going around -- a head cold which becomes a chest cold or the creeping crud as we call it and the other bug is a stomach flu. Glenda and Eric has the creeping crud. A couple of my co-workers have the head cold while another had the stomach flu. Veronica had the stomach flu as well. I don't know if I would be able to help Brian and Cindy move this Sunday to a temporary apartment. Their old house was sold and their new house is being built.
On our way into work, Mary almost hits a doe leading her two fawns across the street. I wonder if it's the same three we saw yesterday? JSC has a lot of deer which come out as the sun sets then hides again at sunrise.
Today the Lunch Bunch gathered at Abe's Cajun Seafood. It's a good turnout - Brian, James, Bob, Luis, Jose, Eric mitch, Lisa, Mary and myself. Lately, Lisa has become disappointed in Don Picos, so we are now in search of a new Tex-Mex place.
I tried the platter of one pound of sausage fried, sliced and placed on a bed of lettuce. Dijon mustard was on the side. Way too much sausage, but a great deal for the price. I think the pork chops were better. Topics of the day were our med cruise, the French, pickpockets, Brian's upcoming move, the movie Gator and chupacabra. For those of you not from these parts, the chupacabra is Spanish for goatsucker. It's a monster known by the Mexicans and even the Puerto Ricans -- I believe, but the Filipinos never heard of it so it didn't follow all the Spanish colonies. Chupacabra actually made an episode of X-Files.
Digital camera tip
I like to increase the color saturation of my photos to get bluer skies, but I've discovered that interior shots become too "colorful," I guess I'll have to create 2 settings - one for outside shots and another for interior shots.
What is it with NASA and signs?
Before I went on vacation, a chainlink fence was put up blocking the sidewalk as they did some sort of construction on the building that I work at. When I returned, they had placed signs stating that the sidewalk was closed. If people can't figure that out, they shouldn't be working for NASA.
On our way into work, Mary almost hits a doe leading her two fawns across the street. I wonder if it's the same three we saw yesterday? JSC has a lot of deer which come out as the sun sets then hides again at sunrise.
Today the Lunch Bunch gathered at Abe's Cajun Seafood. It's a good turnout - Brian, James, Bob, Luis, Jose, Eric mitch, Lisa, Mary and myself. Lately, Lisa has become disappointed in Don Picos, so we are now in search of a new Tex-Mex place.
I tried the platter of one pound of sausage fried, sliced and placed on a bed of lettuce. Dijon mustard was on the side. Way too much sausage, but a great deal for the price. I think the pork chops were better. Topics of the day were our med cruise, the French, pickpockets, Brian's upcoming move, the movie Gator and chupacabra. For those of you not from these parts, the chupacabra is Spanish for goatsucker. It's a monster known by the Mexicans and even the Puerto Ricans -- I believe, but the Filipinos never heard of it so it didn't follow all the Spanish colonies. Chupacabra actually made an episode of X-Files.
Digital camera tip
I like to increase the color saturation of my photos to get bluer skies, but I've discovered that interior shots become too "colorful," I guess I'll have to create 2 settings - one for outside shots and another for interior shots.
What is it with NASA and signs?
Before I went on vacation, a chainlink fence was put up blocking the sidewalk as they did some sort of construction on the building that I work at. When I returned, they had placed signs stating that the sidewalk was closed. If people can't figure that out, they shouldn't be working for NASA.