I'm still fighting the creeping crud, and I'm occasionally coughing up various shades of green. Unfortunately, this is a busy weekend for us. My niece Ily will be baptized today. Mary and I had a long drive to Cypress which is about an hour away. We heard on the radio that the West Loop was having problems, so Mary took the Beltway which meant paying tolls. A few years ago, Metro determined that the Beltway was experiencing too much traffic. So what did they do? Increase the toll from $1 to $1.25 to discourage people from using it. Brilliant.
Mary and I were the first to arrive. The church was in typical Spanish mission style with Mediterranean yellow colors. A white truck rolled up with Eric's parents and his Uncle Richard. Glenda's family along with Mom and Dad arrived a little later. Ily was behaving well as expected for a baby. She did get hot in her baptismal gown near the end of the ceremony.
Mark and Lee were the godparents. Lee had to stand on her tiptoes to light the candle. Setting the saturation to the midpoint was perfect for shooting indoors. I think the saturation for shooting outdoors should be never be max. I'll play with that later.
We went to eat at Kirin's. I daringly tried the spinach salad. Right now many people across the country became sick from Staph. My salad had been cooked so I was safe.
I talked to Dad about the dishes we had in Spain and how they were similar to Filipino dishes I knew. Tapas - it appears - is dried or cured meats. Dad said he's seen where they roll hard ham and cheese around olives. I wonder if they expected us to roll them like fajitas, but the dishes came out separately. Paellas is also a Filipino dish but with seafood instead of chicken. Longanisa is a sweet pork sausage which is fatty but good.
Later that night, Mary and I checked on Gary's cats - Minmei and Brambles. Minmei is a Siamese with some black tabby stripes. She's really cute. Brambles is a black long hair. She was really skiddish of me years ago, but now she is very friendly. I was surprised how skinny she was. Minmei had food still in her bowl but Brambles bowl was empty. I'm wondering if Minmei is eating her food since Minmei's bowl is on the counter, and I've never seen Brambles on the counter. Brambles wouldn't let me finish pouring the food before she stuck her head in and started eating.
Mark and Lee were the godparents. Lee had to stand on her tiptoes to light the candle. Setting the saturation to the midpoint was perfect for shooting indoors. I think the saturation for shooting outdoors should be never be max. I'll play with that later.
We went to eat at Kirin's. I daringly tried the spinach salad. Right now many people across the country became sick from Staph. My salad had been cooked so I was safe.
I talked to Dad about the dishes we had in Spain and how they were similar to Filipino dishes I knew. Tapas - it appears - is dried or cured meats. Dad said he's seen where they roll hard ham and cheese around olives. I wonder if they expected us to roll them like fajitas, but the dishes came out separately. Paellas is also a Filipino dish but with seafood instead of chicken. Longanisa is a sweet pork sausage which is fatty but good.
Later that night, Mary and I checked on Gary's cats - Minmei and Brambles. Minmei is a Siamese with some black tabby stripes. She's really cute. Brambles is a black long hair. She was really skiddish of me years ago, but now she is very friendly. I was surprised how skinny she was. Minmei had food still in her bowl but Brambles bowl was empty. I'm wondering if Minmei is eating her food since Minmei's bowl is on the counter, and I've never seen Brambles on the counter. Brambles wouldn't let me finish pouring the food before she stuck her head in and started eating.