
Why is it that a smoke detector's battery always fail when we're asleep? There's nothing like waking to a loud random chirp. It figures that it would be the second highest smoke detector in the house. That means I have to take out the folding ladder. It has been awhile since the batteries have been changed so I replace all of them. I have the ladder out anyways.
Okay, officially it's not Lunch Bunch Day. We missed the official day partly due to my fault. Lisa was busy Wednesday and called my cell to have me organize it. Unfortunately, I was in a meeting with the guys from Marshall and didn't get the message till after our regular lunch hour so no lunch. Bob even called and was wondering if he missed the email.
Today, we decided upon Don Picos since Lisa wasn't around. She really doesn't care for the chips. I didn't have a problem with them. On the way there, Mary and I saw an old bomber (Maybe a B-17?) and a couple of other prop jobs flying formation. It wasn't too surprising since this was the weekend of Wings Over Houston. We surprisingly had a decent size crowd - Jim, Rick, Bob, Joe Williams, Mary and myself. I noticed someone puffing on a cigarette at the bar. I thought Houston City Council just passed a ban on all smoking in public places?
Joe was wearing a black ball cap with a mission patch on it. I heard USA was passing these out for Total Health and Safety Day.
Jim and Rick were going to TRF this Saturday, and Jim wondered if I was going. I told him that Mary and I were going to the Celtic Music Festival at the Landolt Pavilion at Clear Lake Park. He asked if it was any good, and I said it would be our first time. He mentioned about a similar gathering near Dallas and said that it was pretty good. I had a feeling he wanted to go the Celtic Music Festival since he asked if it runs all weekend. I told him I didn't think so.
After work, Mary and I went to the Cinemark 18 to see "Open Season." I invited Gary, but sounds like he was hit with the cold/flu and possibly a stomach flu -- both are roaming around Houston. The movie was okay. If you saw the commercial, you saw the movie. Owen Wilson would have been better than Ashton. Beth the female ranger reminded me of Amy for some reason which was weird since Amy is typically blonde while Beth is a redhead.
Okay, officially it's not Lunch Bunch Day. We missed the official day partly due to my fault. Lisa was busy Wednesday and called my cell to have me organize it. Unfortunately, I was in a meeting with the guys from Marshall and didn't get the message till after our regular lunch hour so no lunch. Bob even called and was wondering if he missed the email.
Today, we decided upon Don Picos since Lisa wasn't around. She really doesn't care for the chips. I didn't have a problem with them. On the way there, Mary and I saw an old bomber (Maybe a B-17?) and a couple of other prop jobs flying formation. It wasn't too surprising since this was the weekend of Wings Over Houston. We surprisingly had a decent size crowd - Jim, Rick, Bob, Joe Williams, Mary and myself. I noticed someone puffing on a cigarette at the bar. I thought Houston City Council just passed a ban on all smoking in public places?
Joe was wearing a black ball cap with a mission patch on it. I heard USA was passing these out for Total Health and Safety Day.
Jim and Rick were going to TRF this Saturday, and Jim wondered if I was going. I told him that Mary and I were going to the Celtic Music Festival at the Landolt Pavilion at Clear Lake Park. He asked if it was any good, and I said it would be our first time. He mentioned about a similar gathering near Dallas and said that it was pretty good. I had a feeling he wanted to go the Celtic Music Festival since he asked if it runs all weekend. I told him I didn't think so.
After work, Mary and I went to the Cinemark 18 to see "Open Season." I invited Gary, but sounds like he was hit with the cold/flu and possibly a stomach flu -- both are roaming around Houston. The movie was okay. If you saw the commercial, you saw the movie. Owen Wilson would have been better than Ashton. Beth the female ranger reminded me of Amy for some reason which was weird since Amy is typically blonde while Beth is a redhead.