
It's funny what you find when you're not looking. I finally worked on the yard today. I discovered a morning dove in the fig tree. It hopped onto the fence, but it didn't fly away. It may have been one of the doves which hatched in the big maple tree, but that's not what surprised me. I was weeding the front bushes and resting underneath the bushes just outside the front windows was a dove. From the rumpled feathers it looked injured, but it didn't seemed threatened when I approached it so I left the bird alone. If the dove was still there the next morning, I would leave it a ripe fig. It rained hard overnight. I didn't find the dove there the next morning nor any feathers so no cat found it either. A dove used to sit on the windowsill to the annoyance of the boys who would watch it carefully from the inside. I wonder if it's the same one?

A toad has made itself at home in the corner of the patio since we moved in. How long does a toad live? Or is this just another generation?
Mary and I tried the Ford Escape Hybrid. The price was right, plenty of legroom, nice miles per gallon, plenty of power, and plenty of trunk space. It didn't have the flash of the Camry. Mary just didn't like climbing in. She thought it was higher than the Highlander. Of the three that we saw, she liked the Camry.
Mary and I tried the Ford Escape Hybrid. The price was right, plenty of legroom, nice miles per gallon, plenty of power, and plenty of trunk space. It didn't have the flash of the Camry. Mary just didn't like climbing in. She thought it was higher than the Highlander. Of the three that we saw, she liked the Camry.


When I checked the mail, I found that the Louisiana Renaissance Festival had sent me pamphlets and flyers that I could distribute. That was an interesting coincidence since I just made three reservations for Rick, Kathy, Jim, Mary and I for the first weekend of December.