I averaged about 35 mpg driving to work today and was rewarded with another "Excellent," but I wasn't too happy since the car should get 38 on the highway and 40 in the city. Of course, that's without the AC, but this is Houston. We need AC on most days of the year.
I am on console today so I brought the 2 inch worth of documentation that Cammy came with. I should have some dead time to read it. Tommy catches me reading the manual for the Camry's Navigational System.
"Oooo, new toy?" asks Tommy who is an avid gamer.
"New car," I grin.
"So you have to be a rocket scientist to use it? Wait a minute, you are a rocket scientist."
Bob is interviewing people for the position that would be open when Bill retires in a couple of weeks. Bob gives the royal tour and expounds on what I do. I feel a bit embarrassed.
Cammy
I programmed my first location for the navigational system....home of course, but it didn't choose the route that I would have picked.
I didn't receive an "Excellent" on the way home, but the mileage was still nearly double what I had with Bonnie.
Champion Toyota would not take a non-working car for a trade-in so I'll donate her. I'll try the American Diabetes Association first. When I returned home, I began cleaning Bonnie and removing all the personal stuff from her. No need for maps any more.
I felt kinda sad. It was like I was preparing a corpse for a funeral. I vacuumed her and filled her tires. I'll need to shampoo the carpets and do something about the cracked leather seats if possible. I hate leather.
I felt kinda sad. Bonnie had been a good car. She sloshed through Tropical Storm Allison when I could hear the high water lapping her underside. She protected me from three accidents of which I wasn't to blame. In one accident, the other car was totaled, but Bonnie was still able to move.
She had taken us to a couple of out of state trips - 19 straight hours to Virginia and a long one to Florida. Then there was the trip to Midland when one of Mary's uncles was being inducted into the Commemorative Air Force's Hall of Fame. She had a blow out which was strong enough to damage the wheel well. The problem was that I couldn't find the tool for the locking lugnuts. I have a feeling that Discount Tires didn't return it after the tires were rotated. Well, we flagged someone down who was willing to drive us to a garage. Unfortunately, it was almost 5 and everything was closing. The other problem was that they needed a special tool, but one guy who worked at a GM dealership said that the old place that he worked at had such a tool. He helped us right as his shop closed. As we drove to where we left Bonnie, we saw her on a flat bed wrecker driving in the opposite direction. We lost the wrecker, but the guy knew the owner of the wrecker. We found him driving into his storage yard with Bonnie. The Sheriff had called in for the tow since Bonnie was sticking to far into the lane. He was willing to not charge us for the storage fees but did charge us for the tow. We lucked out and got a real tire at Wal-Mart who's auto department didn't close yet.
Unfortunately, Bonnie hasn't been too faithful lately. She would die intermittently. I would have her fixed and she would die again. She was starting to accumulate $1000 worth of repairs a year. The sad part is that Mary had given me a new CD stereo just last Christmas. Hopefully, someone will get her and fix her up.
I am on console today so I brought the 2 inch worth of documentation that Cammy came with. I should have some dead time to read it. Tommy catches me reading the manual for the Camry's Navigational System.
"Oooo, new toy?" asks Tommy who is an avid gamer.
"New car," I grin.
"So you have to be a rocket scientist to use it? Wait a minute, you are a rocket scientist."
Bob is interviewing people for the position that would be open when Bill retires in a couple of weeks. Bob gives the royal tour and expounds on what I do. I feel a bit embarrassed.
Cammy
I programmed my first location for the navigational system....home of course, but it didn't choose the route that I would have picked.
I didn't receive an "Excellent" on the way home, but the mileage was still nearly double what I had with Bonnie.
Champion Toyota would not take a non-working car for a trade-in so I'll donate her. I'll try the American Diabetes Association first. When I returned home, I began cleaning Bonnie and removing all the personal stuff from her. No need for maps any more.
I felt kinda sad. It was like I was preparing a corpse for a funeral. I vacuumed her and filled her tires. I'll need to shampoo the carpets and do something about the cracked leather seats if possible. I hate leather.
I felt kinda sad. Bonnie had been a good car. She sloshed through Tropical Storm Allison when I could hear the high water lapping her underside. She protected me from three accidents of which I wasn't to blame. In one accident, the other car was totaled, but Bonnie was still able to move.
She had taken us to a couple of out of state trips - 19 straight hours to Virginia and a long one to Florida. Then there was the trip to Midland when one of Mary's uncles was being inducted into the Commemorative Air Force's Hall of Fame. She had a blow out which was strong enough to damage the wheel well. The problem was that I couldn't find the tool for the locking lugnuts. I have a feeling that Discount Tires didn't return it after the tires were rotated. Well, we flagged someone down who was willing to drive us to a garage. Unfortunately, it was almost 5 and everything was closing. The other problem was that they needed a special tool, but one guy who worked at a GM dealership said that the old place that he worked at had such a tool. He helped us right as his shop closed. As we drove to where we left Bonnie, we saw her on a flat bed wrecker driving in the opposite direction. We lost the wrecker, but the guy knew the owner of the wrecker. We found him driving into his storage yard with Bonnie. The Sheriff had called in for the tow since Bonnie was sticking to far into the lane. He was willing to not charge us for the storage fees but did charge us for the tow. We lucked out and got a real tire at Wal-Mart who's auto department didn't close yet.
Unfortunately, Bonnie hasn't been too faithful lately. She would die intermittently. I would have her fixed and she would die again. She was starting to accumulate $1000 worth of repairs a year. The sad part is that Mary had given me a new CD stereo just last Christmas. Hopefully, someone will get her and fix her up.