Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thu Oct 26, 2006

I find myself mesmerize by the energy distribution screen. I want squeeze every mile out of the gallon. The gas engine kicks in at 35 mph. I had 34 mpg driving to NASA with mixed highway and city driving. When I was buying Cammy, the finance guy was trying to convince me to buy the extended warranty by telling me that it had a special windshield that detects rain to turn on the wipers. He just had his wife's replaced and it cost over $800. First of all, I didn't recall that feature. Secondly, I can buy over 5 of those screens with the price of their extended warranty.With my GM cars, I bought the extended warranty since they always had a problem in the first few years. We'll see how Toyota does.

Well, it's raining today and the wipers didn't come on by themselves.

A wrecker service for ADA called. They will pick up Bonnie on Tuesday between 9-10. Not bad. All I need is the title. I can remove the license plate.

I've been reading the manual. I did not like the fact that Toyota had to do the maintenance or I would invalidate the warranty. At least, I can do the oil and filter myself.