Monday, August 6, 2007

Mon Aug 6, 2007 1732 Isles of Glencoe

Our hotel is the Isles of Glencoe. It's a nicer hotel. No lift but it is only two stories high. The room has a funky doorknob that sticks out with a groove underneath. We have actual keys, but I don't know what the second key is for. The luggage is at our door fairly quick. The windows are on the wall/ceiling that slopes. The windows can be opened by pulling a bar above even in the rain. Each socket has a switch that has to be turned on. The bathroom has a heated towel rack. There is a hair dryer, but it didn't work.

I wander the small nature trail in back before dinner. On the lake is an island cemetary. As I return to the hotel, Rebecca tells me that someone saw a seal in the water. I tell her that I didn't see it. Later at the dinner table I am told that that it was an otter which makes sense. The tables are set for ten, and the seating is tight. Mary and I are between the Terrible Duo which was surprising. Heather and Peggy never splits up. I am in the middle of two conversations. As usual, Australia comes up again.

Fred wants to stay with our group. He thinks that our group is more fun. British Airways lost his luggage. The irony is that he works for Delta's baggage claims. I guess we'll see if he stays. I don't see him at the table.