We arrive at Loch Lomond, and it is pouring. For some reason, I was surprised to see a pretty teenage girl as part of the crew.
"Good morning," she greets me with a light Scottish brogue as I board the boat. "Well, it's not really good," she admits with a weak smile. Oh, I can learn to love the brogue. She had pretty light blue eyes with a halo of dark blue. The mascara is a bit heavy but works and she of course has long dark redhair. Why is it that only the younger girls keep their hair long?
A nudist colony is on one of the islands, but it would be too chilly. The captain tells us Barbara is a paid up member.
Of our group, only Peggy, Heather and I decide to stay topside. The others stay below out of the cold and damp.
I step below and join the others. Mary tried to convince me that haggis was a real animal. Deborah showed me a picture of a stuffed haggis on her camera. I tell them that I can show them a stuffed jackalope over at Texas. I tell them that once a year there is a haggis hunt. One website sets up a webcam so you can help spot them. It's a snipe hunt I tell them. I wouldn't trust the Scots.
A redhead lady in our tour asks Rebecca the youngest in our tour if she overheard what the guide said yesterday. St. Mungo's was the patron saint of Glasgow. St. Mungo's is also the insane asylum in Harry Potter.
Some Scottish words for you:Ben - Scottish for mountain.
Inver - mouth of the river.
The bonny lass walks with trays of samples. We are given a quarter shot of Columba de liquer. A creme whisky with honey. The other was a whisky with honey. I liked the first one.