At 1800, Barbara walks us up to the castle. I had taken this path home. A long trailer drives by with horses. The stands are reminiscent of a Quidditch Match. We pay one pound for a rubber cushion. Our tour guide this morning recommended bringing hotel towels. The Scots are thrifty! We are seated at row T near the top but in the center. Our tour group is spread along row T and O. These are skinny seats!
We are lucky. It doesn't rain not even a drop. It does get a bit cold but not too bad. I wrapped my right arm around Mary's back and ended up touching four women. Mary's side, Peggy's side, the knee of the girl behind Mary and I brushed Heather's hand whenever I stretched.
Dignitaries walk from the castle to the grandstand. I bet their seats aren't this tight. I see no security. It's not all bagpipes at this show. One band is on horseback. Kids perform on motorcycles. There's even steel drums.
On the walk home, I spot two elderly ladies in our group. One always reminded me of Barbara Bush. They missed the last turn to the hotel, so I double back and ask if they are lost. She thought that it was the next street down that they turn up. I show them the way and head back. From the hotel's steps, I watch as they come up the street.
The inside of my ankle has turned purple and has swollen. I guess I really did do a number on my calf. Oh well, hopefully it's not permanent.
Fireworks go off at midnight. No way I can live here. Maybe you get use to it, After all, we didn't hear the cannon at 1.
We are lucky. It doesn't rain not even a drop. It does get a bit cold but not too bad. I wrapped my right arm around Mary's back and ended up touching four women. Mary's side, Peggy's side, the knee of the girl behind Mary and I brushed Heather's hand whenever I stretched.
Dignitaries walk from the castle to the grandstand. I bet their seats aren't this tight. I see no security. It's not all bagpipes at this show. One band is on horseback. Kids perform on motorcycles. There's even steel drums.
On the walk home, I spot two elderly ladies in our group. One always reminded me of Barbara Bush. They missed the last turn to the hotel, so I double back and ask if they are lost. She thought that it was the next street down that they turn up. I show them the way and head back. From the hotel's steps, I watch as they come up the street.
The inside of my ankle has turned purple and has swollen. I guess I really did do a number on my calf. Oh well, hopefully it's not permanent.
Fireworks go off at midnight. No way I can live here. Maybe you get use to it, After all, we didn't hear the cannon at 1.