Sunday, August 5, 2007

Sun Aug 5, 2007 The Glasgow Thistle

We arrive at the Glasgow Thistle. Two redhead girls are working the front desk pretty efficiently. We take one of two lifts to the sixth floor. The first floor is considered the ground floor. The elevators are in an elevator room to perhaps to cut down the noise. Room 614 could use some renovations but is nice. The view wouldn't make Samantha Brown smile, but Glasgow appears quite utilitarian. The AC seems to be just a fan. The sockets are three prong two flat minus and a square ground. There is an iron and trousers press. The bathroom comes with a hair dryer which didn't work to Mary's disappointment since her portable failed. The towel racks are heated, but the switch is located outside the bathroom. Luggage is promptly delivered to our room and we have a quick shower. The bar of soap that the hotel provides smells like a lemon pastry. Fortunately, I always bring my own. The water is also soft so I don't feel completely clean. There are separate controls for shower and the bath. A few people had problems working the shower that they had to call the front desk. Bill who's father was a plumber had to ask for help and Bill has done a lot of foreign travel. The bathtub is narrow with wood panelling on the side. I don't like the tub being slightly elevated especially since it's slippery. I already have problems with my right leg. I can see me busting the left.