Sunday, August 5, 2007

Sun Aug 5, 2007 - The Museum of Transport

I didn't regret my choice though. I walked outside in the rain to take pictures of the architecture. These should look better than what I took in the bus. At the Museum of Transportation, I viewed models of ships made in shipyards along the River Clyde. There were even models of ships that weren't made there like Noah's Ark and a Viking ship.

Several unique vehicles are on display: a steamroller, a horse driven mail coach, motorcycles, cars, double decker trams (cable cars), trains, fire engines, strollers, bicycles, tricycles. No planes, but I didn't have enough time to see everything.

I return to our coach and find the other CIE motorcoach there as well. I ask if it's Bus 2. They say that it's bus B. I must be on the right one, but I don't recognize anyone. I don't even see the empty Coke Zero bottle that Mary left behind, but maybe the driver cleaned up. I see the couple that was sitting in the seat before Mary and I so I relax a bit. Boll then enters as well so i must be good. That was till I saw the other tour guide. You're not on my tour, she tells me with her Scottish brogue. Oops. I'm on Bus A. How does Bus 2 become Bus A I don't know.

We return to the Glasgow Thistle, and I take a quick power nap. My leg cramp felt much better afterward. I don't know if it's the massage that Mary gave me while we were waiting for luggage or if it was the long walk in the rain or the nap.

At 1800 is the social and everyone gets one free drink from the bar. I hate mixers. I guess it's the shyness in me. We hang out at one table. Bill has a Guiness. Deborah and Carolyn has a coke in a glass. Mary has wine while Peggy has a pale ale.