We are staying at the coolest hotel tonight. Barbara tells us about two ghosts that live in the castle. Peggy accuses me of setting her up last night. It's an actual castle, but very posh looking. Free copies of different newspapers could be on the grand piano. We are on the first floor which is actually the second floor in the States. The lift is very small and may fit four people and their luggage. Our room is 102. Peggy and Heather is in 104. We went from a double bed to a queen to a king size bed.
Unfortunately for Heather and Peggy, they too have a king size bed and Peggy is a light sleeper so they try to get their rooms changed. Fortunately, the hotel is able to separate the beds into two twins.
I don't understand the Scots. The bathroom spigot looks like it mixes the water but it doesn't. The Scots are thrifty. We have a full tub but only a partial glass enclosure for the shower. Mary finds a hair dryer securely fastened inside a drawer in the bedroom instead of the bathroom.
Mary waits for the luggage while I decide to explore outside. A large warren of rabbits is out back. Rebecca and her grandparents show up and are taking photos but their batteries died. I am about to head back when I bump into Heather and Peggy heading out. I finish shooting the exterior of the castle and join them at the patio where they are reading. I grab a seat and work on my travel journals. It's 7:15, and Peggy wants to get a drink before dinner. She and I try J.R. Tennent a local ale. I ask the waiter about the two ghosts and where they can be found. He said the one that you can't see is in the meeting room next door which is actually a gathering room. Soapy's daughter stays there. The mistress (or wife) haunts the upper rooms. You take the staircase behind the front desk. She appears as an apparition. I mention that she would be the scarier one to meet. He says not really since the daughter makes lots of creepy noises at night.
Mary shows up along with Crockett and Deborah. Mary said that the toilet is leaking so we swap rooms with 105 which is across the hall from Peggy and Heather. Unfortunately the view is not so nice this time around.
We arrive late so Mary and I have to sit at separate tables which wasn't too bad since I sat with Pat and Marty. You remember Pat and Marty. They were the two women who borrowed my battery charger yesterday. Also at the table are Bruce as well as Pat's brother and his wife. Pat and Bruce teaches at Fairfax near Mary's folks. Marty is a sorority sister of Pat. We got to talk a bit and were among the last to leave.
Pat was the redhead who was talking to Rebecca about Harry Potter. It makes sense. She encourages her kids to read a variety of books.
Dinner was served by waitstaff in formal dress. Very sharp. I forget what I ordered. They have larger pitchers which is great since we never seem to get enough water and I don't see any water fountains around. The Scots serve coffee after dessert instead of during. Small chocolate balls are served last. We are about the last table to leave. I find Mary in Peggy and Heather's room. Carolyn and Bill shows up later and we talk for awhile.
Unfortunately for Heather and Peggy, they too have a king size bed and Peggy is a light sleeper so they try to get their rooms changed. Fortunately, the hotel is able to separate the beds into two twins.
I don't understand the Scots. The bathroom spigot looks like it mixes the water but it doesn't. The Scots are thrifty. We have a full tub but only a partial glass enclosure for the shower. Mary finds a hair dryer securely fastened inside a drawer in the bedroom instead of the bathroom.
Mary waits for the luggage while I decide to explore outside. A large warren of rabbits is out back. Rebecca and her grandparents show up and are taking photos but their batteries died. I am about to head back when I bump into Heather and Peggy heading out. I finish shooting the exterior of the castle and join them at the patio where they are reading. I grab a seat and work on my travel journals. It's 7:15, and Peggy wants to get a drink before dinner. She and I try J.R. Tennent a local ale. I ask the waiter about the two ghosts and where they can be found. He said the one that you can't see is in the meeting room next door which is actually a gathering room. Soapy's daughter stays there. The mistress (or wife) haunts the upper rooms. You take the staircase behind the front desk. She appears as an apparition. I mention that she would be the scarier one to meet. He says not really since the daughter makes lots of creepy noises at night.
Mary shows up along with Crockett and Deborah. Mary said that the toilet is leaking so we swap rooms with 105 which is across the hall from Peggy and Heather. Unfortunately the view is not so nice this time around.
We arrive late so Mary and I have to sit at separate tables which wasn't too bad since I sat with Pat and Marty. You remember Pat and Marty. They were the two women who borrowed my battery charger yesterday. Also at the table are Bruce as well as Pat's brother and his wife. Pat and Bruce teaches at Fairfax near Mary's folks. Marty is a sorority sister of Pat. We got to talk a bit and were among the last to leave.
Pat was the redhead who was talking to Rebecca about Harry Potter. It makes sense. She encourages her kids to read a variety of books.
Dinner was served by waitstaff in formal dress. Very sharp. I forget what I ordered. They have larger pitchers which is great since we never seem to get enough water and I don't see any water fountains around. The Scots serve coffee after dessert instead of during. Small chocolate balls are served last. We are about the last table to leave. I find Mary in Peggy and Heather's room. Carolyn and Bill shows up later and we talk for awhile.