Now this was a pretty urban city even though there was road construction. Indian, Thai and Chinese restaurants are abundant. I heard that Rebecca's grandmother may have gotten ill from Indian food. A wide river slices through the city. The buildings are quaint looking and not boxy cut outs like Glasgow.
Sidney drops us off near M & Co. Heather and Peggy take off almost leaving behind Mary and myself.
We stop at the red and yellow royal mail for the Harry Potter presentation stamps. They are all out. The postie suggests buying them from royal mail website instead of being ripped off on E-bay.
We wander around looking for a place to eat and end up at the Victorian Mall. Now this is no ordinary mall. It has a butcher and at least two fishmongers which you smell down the hall. The girls decide to eat at the mall. I guess the smell of fresh fish made them hungry for fish and chips.
I decide that I'm still full and will shoot photos. Along the way, I find the Toymaster. The store sell Scalextric and Warhammer which are still pricey here as well especially the Scalextric Viper. Oh well, I don't play with it all that often.
About 10 minutes passed, I just found the street leading to the riverside street. I'd better return and see how the girls are faring. I first stop at a Clydesdale Bank ATM for more pounds. There are three major banks in Scotland that can print money. The autobank dispenses 9x20 pounds and 2x10 pounds.
As I return, the girls aren't finished eating but did decide that they were going to shop so I head out for a photoshoot. After all, I am here to see the sights. My backpack is on the motorcoach and still has the snacks Mary got me for the flight. I make it to the bridge and shoot from both sides. A long stairway leads up to Inverness Castle which now contains government offices. Even if it is, the view must be great up there. So I march up the stairs with my right leg grumbling at me.
The view was outstanding. A couple of cathedrals can be seen from here. A cool breeze rewarded me at the top. A few girls are hiking up the bottom of their t-shirts for a quick tan. A statue of Flora MacDonald is there. Flora MacDonald saved the Bonnie Prince Charlie by masquerading him as her maid to sneak him out of the country when his revolution was crushed. Nothing against the Scots, but Bonnie Prince Charlie sounded like a spoiled person. He complained about wearing the costume which had to be made for him.
I'm out of time so I head back. But before I do I stop for a sausage roll and cream filled pastry which comes to nearly 2 pounds. I make it back to Victorian Market with time to spare. I buy myself a local power drink and decide to look around. I bump into Carolyn and her family and find the girls as well with bags of souvenirs. They had never left. We make our way back to the gathering point.
Sidney drops us off near M & Co. Heather and Peggy take off almost leaving behind Mary and myself.
We stop at the red and yellow royal mail for the Harry Potter presentation stamps. They are all out. The postie suggests buying them from royal mail website instead of being ripped off on E-bay.
We wander around looking for a place to eat and end up at the Victorian Mall. Now this is no ordinary mall. It has a butcher and at least two fishmongers which you smell down the hall. The girls decide to eat at the mall. I guess the smell of fresh fish made them hungry for fish and chips.
I decide that I'm still full and will shoot photos. Along the way, I find the Toymaster. The store sell Scalextric and Warhammer which are still pricey here as well especially the Scalextric Viper. Oh well, I don't play with it all that often.
About 10 minutes passed, I just found the street leading to the riverside street. I'd better return and see how the girls are faring. I first stop at a Clydesdale Bank ATM for more pounds. There are three major banks in Scotland that can print money. The autobank dispenses 9x20 pounds and 2x10 pounds.
As I return, the girls aren't finished eating but did decide that they were going to shop so I head out for a photoshoot. After all, I am here to see the sights. My backpack is on the motorcoach and still has the snacks Mary got me for the flight. I make it to the bridge and shoot from both sides. A long stairway leads up to Inverness Castle which now contains government offices. Even if it is, the view must be great up there. So I march up the stairs with my right leg grumbling at me.
The view was outstanding. A couple of cathedrals can be seen from here. A cool breeze rewarded me at the top. A few girls are hiking up the bottom of their t-shirts for a quick tan. A statue of Flora MacDonald is there. Flora MacDonald saved the Bonnie Prince Charlie by masquerading him as her maid to sneak him out of the country when his revolution was crushed. Nothing against the Scots, but Bonnie Prince Charlie sounded like a spoiled person. He complained about wearing the costume which had to be made for him.
I'm out of time so I head back. But before I do I stop for a sausage roll and cream filled pastry which comes to nearly 2 pounds. I make it back to Victorian Market with time to spare. I buy myself a local power drink and decide to look around. I bump into Carolyn and her family and find the girls as well with bags of souvenirs. They had never left. We make our way back to the gathering point.