The Verizon Center is packed with probably as many Canadiens fans as Caps fans. Also, why are they named the Capitals and not the Capitols? After all, they have the Capitol building on their jersey. I'm surprised that the Caps has two logos. Maybe one is old and one is new.


When the Aeros were in the Compaq Center, they used to have a blimp which dumped coupons. The Caps allow fans to ride the Zamboni. It's weird over here. During some of the breaks, someone I call the slushie boy shovel all the slush before the team boxes and the goaltender boxes. They are spoiled in the NHL. One guy in a section just to the right and below us blows --- an obnoxious horn that is. Then the Caps fan do their only chant.


The Caps Mascot Slapshot helps run some of the games, but I don't see a lot of him in the stands like Chilly the Aeros mascot.


Unfortunately, the Caps lose big.